Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 08-28-2016, 07:40 PM   #1
avid01
Addict
avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4
4 issues: title length, title renaming, image resizing, link to single post

Title length set at 85 characters is too low, is there a specific reason? On every other, normal forum it's at least 100 characters, up to 150 characters, usually.

Topic starters cannot properly rename their titles for typo and small corrections, just kind of half-way, unlike on any other, normal forum on the Internet, I guess, that's just a forum setting you could just click a switch, why not?

Image sizes: this forum is unique that it cannot auto-resize my too big pictures I want to insert. OK, fine, now I remember I have to, I tried to Google the maximum size of images I can insert here, to no avail. So at least, please put this information into one prominent place in a Google search, or something for improved experience. OK, it's 600 pixels from the FAQ.

Link to single post on most other forums won't just show you the single post separately, rather, it jumps to the post in question in the thread which you can scroll. The link just positions you to the post in the thread. It's more than likely just a forum setting in your forum software, you can click this switch, too.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Last edited by avid01; 08-28-2016 at 08:08 PM.
avid01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 08:07 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I know I for one do NOT expect to see an entire post summarized by an extremely long title; so to my mind neither Basic reader /w backlight: Anything but Kindle? Kobo? Oxford Dictionary. Kindle? nor I want a basic reader /w a LED light, preferably anything but Kindle, why not? I'm in experimenting mode. How about a Kobo? I need Oxford Dictionary. In the end, I still can't get better than a Kindle? are titles that I would EVER create.

Some of us read these forums on multiple devices, including tablets and smart-phones; there these long long titles get even worse to read.

A link to a single post can be easily obtained by clciking on the #<number> at the top of the post; for instance see this link --> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...77&postcount=1
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2016, 01:42 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
A link to a single post can be easily obtained by clciking on the #<number> at the top of the post; for instance see this link --> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...77&postcount=1
He knows how to link to a single post. He is simply stating that it would be best if the link takes you to the post within the context of the full thread, not a single post all by itself.

@avid01 Of course once you are at the single post clicking on the thread link at the top right of the post places you at that post in the context of the entire thread just as you wish.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:22 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Where's that map to the forum switchroom again? Was it a left from the FAQ, or a right past the Library? I forget.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:43 AM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Where's that map to the forum switchroom again? Was it a left from the FAQ, or a right past the Library? I forget.
It was moved downstairs. Sorry if someone forgot to tell you.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2016, 05:39 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by avid01 View Post
Image sizes: this forum is unique that it cannot auto-resize my too big pictures I want to insert. OK, fine, now I remember I have to, I tried to Google the maximum size of images I can insert here, to no avail. So at least, please put this information into one prominent place in a Google search, or something for improved experience. OK, it's 600 pixels from the FAQ.
We are not unique, actually. Although I guess it could be unique among the forums you frequent.

And it is pretty easy to find the FAQ and Posting Guidelines, there is a link in the page footer which appears on every page on this website.
Yes, people should be expected to read those at least once.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 06:22 PM   #7
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
We are not unique, actually. Although I guess it could be unique among the forums you frequent.

And it is pretty easy to find the FAQ and Posting Guidelines, there is a link in the page footer which appears on every page on this website.
Yes, people should be expected to read those at least once.
What is this read you mention? That term eludes me.
Old 09-02-2016, 06:25 PM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You need to be Mobile in order to Read
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 12:42 PM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
You need to be Mobile in order to Read
The Guidelines can be reached and read on the desktop version. You need not be mobile.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:51 PM   #10
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
The Guidelines can be reached and read on the desktop version. You need not be mobile.
Dale, ReREAD my comment.