Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-10-2006, 09:20 PM   #1
Ivan
Connoisseur
Ivan began at the beginning.

Hardware issue: Horizontal black stripe

I found a serious hardware issue on my band new IREX. I got the ereader last than a week. I got 3-4 days ago and finally a chance to play on it and found that. No even any minor physical-injury from my side. I don’t know whether it came like this or just happen since it is kind of not very obvious if you don’t pay attention but kind of serious defeat. I am starting to play on it and surprising found a complete horizontal black stripe (~a hair thickness) on my irex screen. (see the attached 2 picture) That is NOT a physical scratch on surface. They do not disappear when the unit is turned off but the intensity of the line changed from time to time, and appear permanent.

Software version: 2.6.

I would like to have my normal band new “normal” irex the soonest the possible.

All the Best, Ivan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0025.JPG
Views:	517
Size:	300.8 KB
ID:	1513   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0026.JPG
Views:	521
Size:	284.9 KB
ID:	1514  
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:03 AM   #2
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Ivan,

You need to email: techsupport@irextechnologies.com and CC: info@irextechnologies.com

The major problem is that you need the proper paperwork to send the unit back to Germany. They generally email that to you and then send you a box to send the unit back in. The box is supposed to come with a pre-paid UPS return label.

The brown return box is the exact same box they ship the iLiad in. If you saved yours, you have the brown box. The white box inside the brown box is the white box inside the black iLiad retail box. If you saved your black iLiad retail box: you have the white box.

If you can convince iRex to just email you the customs paperwork and the UPS account number, you can save a couple weeks by not waiting for a return shipping box.

Or you can do what I did and just pay for the return shipping yourself to save time.

I've done it all three ways now and I can tell you, waiting a couple weeks for the return box and then getting no return label really can lead to anger.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2006, 09:10 PM   #3
Ivan
Connoisseur
Ivan began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024
Ivan,

You need to email: techsupport@irextechnologies.com and CC: info@irextechnologies.com

The major problem is that you need the proper paperwork to send the unit back to Germany. They generally email that to you and then send you a box to send the unit back in. The box is supposed to come with a pre-paid UPS return label.

The brown return box is the exact same box they ship the iLiad in. If you saved yours, you have the brown box. The white box inside the brown box is the white box inside the black iLiad retail box. If you saved your black iLiad retail box: you have the white box.

If you can convince iRex to just email you the customs paperwork and the UPS account number, you can save a couple weeks by not waiting for a return shipping box.

Or you can do what I did and just pay for the return shipping yourself to save time.

I've done it all three ways now and I can tell you, waiting a couple weeks for the return box and then getting no return label really can lead to anger.
Thanks, Scotty. I got reply yesterday and promised to be replaced with a new one. They are responsive in this sense but it is kind of hassle for a new device. I guess a better QC may need to be implemented. I still like my ereader very much albeit the poor power management up to 2.6.1 version (7-8 hours will drain all the juice even not doing anything, even worst than my Sony Ericson 9100i). I am looking forward to experiencing the improvement.
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:05 AM   #4
Tomana
Tomana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tomana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tomana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: treo 650
ARRAHAAARRRR~~~~
Mine developed the same hairline yet in VERTICAL!! I haven't used the unit for nearly a month and it had been working perfectly then. Last Saturday I plugged it in and tried re-charging it. OOOH~~ My GOD! a vertical hairline appeared on the 1/3 way from the left of my screen. What's happened!

I used the unit always with great care... mostly indoor on bed or in couch...never dropped it or knocked it over! Sent mails to iliad. Wonder how can they make such a buggy product. >_<
Tomana is offline   Reply With Quote