Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-28-2016, 07:14 PM   #1666
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@tempest@de: Before creating the new account, try this:

- In the driver configuration, change the collections column to some other column. Ideally, it would be a column with no value for any book. You could add a column and later remove it. Make sure the column delete option is selected.
- Connect the device, let the calibre jobs run and disconnect.
- After this, the only collections that should be left are those with books in them that are not in your calibre library.
- Make sure the date and time on the device is correct.
- Sync to the Kobo server. It doesn't matter whether you use WiFi or the desktop app.

What I am hoping is that all the current collections are deleted. Then, the sync to Kobo will delete them from the server and they won't come back.

If this works, you can set the collections options back to what they were before in the driver and let calibre create the collections as you want them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 05:59 PM   #1667
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Hi David,

I followed the steps above and it didn’t work, I still had the old collections with 0 books.

I created a new account and now they are gone. However all is not right, I didn’t delete the books that where on the glo when I logged out and associated the new account, so now I have books in the glo that are not in collections, I updated the metadata with kobo utilities, and disconnected the glo, but the reader is not updated with the collections for the books previously on the glo. Only the books that I added after creating the new account are as they should be.

Is there a way to solve this and make the books that where on the glo allocate to the collections as they are in calibre? Or should I just delete all off them and start fresh transferring all the books again.

I had forgotten that logging out makes all the user options to be deleted so I now have another problem, I had the option for the full screen activated, but now I can’t make it work. It doesn’t appear in the reading options.

I’m beginning to think that I should have ignored the empty collections and done nothing, I’ve spent several hours trying to put thing right only to end up worst then before.

Anyway, thanks’ for sparing the time for having looked in to this and reading my rant.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2016, 07:28 PM   #1668
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest@de View Post
Hi David,

I followed the steps above and it didn’t work, I still had the old collections with 0 books.

I created a new account and now they are gone. However all is not right, I didn’t delete the books that where on the glo when I logged out and associated the new account, so now I have books in the glo that are not in collections, I updated the metadata with kobo utilities, and disconnected the glo, but the reader is not updated with the collections for the books previously on the glo. Only the books that I added after creating the new account are as they should be.

Is there a way to solve this and make the books that where on the glo allocate to the collections as they are in calibre? Or should I just delete all off them and start fresh transferring all the books again.

I had forgotten that logging out makes all the user options to be deleted so I now have another problem, I had the option for the full screen activated, but now I can’t make it work. It doesn’t appear in the reading options.

I’m beginning to think that I should have ignored the empty collections and done nothing, I’ve spent several hours trying to put thing right only to end up worst then before.

Anyway, thanks’ for sparing the time for having looked in to this and reading my rant.
Sorry, I don't know what is going wrong. Could you run calibre in debug mode and post the log? I can tell a lot from this.

To do this, right-click on the preferences button and select "Restart in debug mode". When calibre restarts, it will display a message about the log. Connect the device and let the connection jobs run. Then close calibre and the debug log will be displayed. Post the full log or PM it to me.
Old 12-31-2016, 11:08 AM   #1669
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Happy New Year!

it seems the year is going to end better then what I had expected kobowhise, I had another go with the glo and calibre, to make sure I had done everything I could I decided to follow the steps David listed above one more time, and guess what? All the empty collections (both the recent ones and the old ones stored in the kobo server) are now gone. So I might have done something wrong the first time.

Now I still have books in the device that have no collections assigned but since I’m tired of tinkering I’ll just delete everything and send all the books again.

I did run calibre on debug mode, not sure if it really maters now since the problem is fixed, but I’ll leave it here just in case.

Spoiler:

calibre 2.76 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 0, 8) && Open With (1, 5, 10) && KePub Output (2, 7, 1) && EpubSplit (2, 2, 0) && Goodreads (1, 1, 11) && KoboTouchExtended (2, 8, 2) && Manage Series (1, 2, 8) && Kobo Utilities (2, 4, 1)
devicePixelRatio: 1.0
logicalDpi: 96.0 x 96.0
physicalDpi: 100.569275362 x 100.55257732
Starting up...
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboUtilites::action.py - loading translations
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboUtilites::dialogs.py - loading translations
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboUtilites::action.py - loading translations
DEBUG: 3.6 No Kobo Touch, Glo or Mini appears to be connected
DEBUG: 3.6 rebuild_menus - self.supports_ratings=None, self.supports_tiles=None
DEBUG: 3.6 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - start: text='None'
DEBUG: 3.6 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - setting to text='Utilities to use with Kobo ereaders

Driver: KoboTouchExtended'
C:\Program Files\Calibre2\pylib.zip\dateutil\parser.py:339: UnicodeWarning: Unicode equal comparison failed to convert both arguments to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal
Storage number map:
{(7L, 0L): [(4L, 'C'), (6L, 'X'), (7L, 'D')], (7L, 1L): [(1L, 'F')]}
Storage number for USBSTOR\DISK&VEN_KOBO&PROD_EREADER-3.19.576&REV_0110\613A294014995&0: StorageDeviceNumber(type=7L, number=1L, partition_number=0L)
Drive letters for USBDevice(vendor_id=0x2237 product_id=0x4173 bcd=0x110 devid=usb\vid_2237&pid_4173&rev_0110 devinst=5)
{u'drive_letters': ['F'],
u'pnp_id_map': {'F': u'\\\\?\\usbstor#disk&ven_kobo&prod_ereader-3.19.576&rev_0110#613a294014995&0#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}'},
u'readonly_drives': set([]),
u'sort_map': {'F': (1L, 1L)}}
DEBUG: 6.2 KoboUtilities:_on_device_connection_changed - self.plugin_device_connection_changed.__class__: <type 'PyQt5.QtCore.pyqtBoundSignal'>
DEBUG: 6.2 Methods for self.plugin_device_connection_changed: ['__call__', '__class__', '__delattr__', '__doc__', '__format__', '__getattribute__', '__getitem__', '__hash__', '__init__', '__new__', '__reduce__', '__reduce_ex__', '__repr__', '__setattr__', '__sizeof__', '__str__', '__subclasshook__', 'connect', 'disconnect', 'emit', 'signal']
DEBUG: 6.2 Have a Kobo device connected connected
DEBUG: 6.2 BEGIN Get Device Path
DEBUG: 6.2 Root path of device: F:\
DEBUG: 6.2 END Get Device Path
DEBUG: 6.2 KoboUtilities:get_device - self.device_path="F:\"
DEBUG: 6.2 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - start: text='None'
DEBUG: 6.2 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - setting to text='Utilities to use with Kobo ereaders

Job: 1 Obter informação sobre o dispositivo started
DeviceJob: 1 Obter informação sobre o dispositivo done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 1 Obter informação sobre o dispositivo callback returned
Job: 2 Definir informação da biblioteca started
DeviceJob: 2 Definir informação da biblioteca done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 2 Definir informação da biblioteca callback returned
Job: 3 Listar os livros presentes no dispositivo started
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - oncard='None'
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouchExtended:settings: settings= <calibre.utils.config_base.OptionValues object at 0x000000000BA54F60>
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - oncard='None', prefix='F:\'
DEBUG: 0.0 Kobo device: Kobo Glo
DEBUG: 0.0 Version of driver: (2, 8, 2) Has kepubs: True
DEBUG: 0.0 Version of firmware: (3, 19, 5761) Has kepubs: True
DEBUG: 0.0 Firmware supports cover image tree: True
DEBUG: 0.1 KoboTouchExtended:settings: settings= <calibre.utils.config_base.OptionValues object at 0x000000000BA54F98>
DEBUG: 0.1 KoboTouch:books - opts.extra_customization= []
DEBUG: 0.1 KoboTouch:books - driver options= Driver:KoboTouchExtended, Options - format_map: [u'kepub', u'epub', u'cbr', u'cbz', u'pdf', u'txt'], use_subdirs: True, read_metadata: True, use_author_sort: False, save_template: {author_sort}/{title} - {authors}, extra_customization: [], manage_collections: True, collections_columns: #prateleiras, create_collections: True, delete_empty_collections: True, ignore_collections_names: , upload_covers: True, keep_cover_aspect: False, upload_grayscale: False, show_archived_books: False, show_previews: False, show_recommendations: False, update_series: True, update_device_metadata: True, modify_css: False, support_newer_firmware: True, debugging_title: , driver_version: 2.8.2, extra_features: True, upload_encumbered: False, skip_failed: False, hyphenate: False, replace_lang: False, smarten_punctuation: False, clean_markup: False, full_page_numbers: False, disable_hyphenation: False, file_copy_dir:
DEBUG: 0.1 KoboTouch:books - prefs['manage_device_metadata']= manual
DEBUG: 0.1 KoboTouch:books - set_debugging_title to ''
DEBUG: 0.1 KoboTouch:books - length bl=0
Job: 2 Definir informação da biblioteca finished
Sem detalhes disponíveis.
Job: 1 Obter informação sobre o dispositivo finished
DEBUG: 1.0 KoboTouch:books - length bl after sync=319
DEBUG: 1.0 KoboTouch:books - reading device database
DEBUG: 1.0 Database Version: 131
DEBUG: 1.0 KoboTouch:books - shelf list: [u'Suspense: Rom\xe2ntico', u'Romance M: Hist\xf3rico', u'Hammer', u'Romance: Policial', u'Romance M: BD', u'Romance M', u'Romance: Militar', u'Romance M: E', u'Romance', u'Romance: Ac\xe7\xe3o', u'In Death', u'Romance M: Paranormal', u'Suspense', u'Romance: Hist\xf3rico', u'Romance M: Militar', u'Suspense M', u'Thriller', u'Suspense M: Rom\xe2ntico', u'Chick Lit', u'Policial', u'Velvet Glove', u'Romance M: Policial', u'ReadingList']
DEBUG: 1.0 KoboTouch:books - query= SELECT Title, Attribution, DateCreated, ContentID, MimeType, ContentType, ImageID, ReadStatus, ___ExpirationStatus, FavouritesIndex, Accessibility, IsDownloaded, Series, SeriesNumber, ___UserID, ExternalId FROM content WHERE BookID IS NULL AND ((Accessibility = -1 AND IsDownloaded in ('true', 1 )) OR (Accessibility IN (1,2) and IsDownloaded in ('true', 1)) ) AND (externalId IS NULL OR externalId = '') AND contentId NOT LIKE 'file:///mnt/sd/%'
DEBUG: 1.3 KoboTouch:books - about to sync_booklists
DEBUG: 1.3 USBMS: starting sync_booklists
DEBUG: 1.8 USBMS: finished sync_booklists
DEBUG: 1.8 KoboTouch:books - have done sync_booklists
DEBUG: 1.8 KoboTouch:books - end - oncard='None'
DEBUG: 1.8 KoboTouch:books - oncard='carda'
DEBUG: 1.8 KoboTouch:books - Asked to process 'carda', but do not have one!
DEBUG: 1.8 KoboTouch:books - oncard='cardb'
DEBUG: 1.8 KoboTouch:books - Asked to process 'cardb', but do not have one!
DeviceJob: 3 Listar os livros presentes no dispositivo done, calling callback
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: Starting set_books_in_library
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library: books to process= 319
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library finished: time= 0.0250000953674
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: updating views
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: syncing
DEBUG: 2.4 KoboTouchExtended:settings: settings= <calibre.utils.config_base.OptionValues object at 0x000000000F37E4E0>
DEBUG: 2.4 KoboTouchExtended:settings: settings= <calibre.utils.config_base.OptionValues object at 0x000000000F37E4A8>
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: refreshing ondevice
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: sending metadata_available signal
DEBUG: 8.8 KoboUtilites:_on_device_metadata_available - Start
DEBUG: 8.8 Have a Kobo device connected connected
DEBUG: 8.8 BEGIN Get Device Path
DEBUG: 8.8 Root path of device: F:\
DEBUG: 8.8 END Get Device Path
DEBUG: 8.8 KoboUtilities:get_device - self.device_path="F:\"
DEBUG: 8.8 KoboUtilities:get_device - drive_info: {'main': {u'calibre_version': u'2.76.0', u'device_name': u'Kobo Glo', u'device_store_uuid': u'6f0eb90c-bd11-4d4e-8eae-c1649fcece5f', u'date_last_connected': u'2016-12-31T15:24:27.734000+00:00', u'last_library_uuid': None, u'prefix': 'F:/', u'location_code': 'main'}}
DEBUG: 8.8 migrate_library_config_if_required - start
DEBUG: 8.8 get_library_config - library_config: {u'profiles': {u'Migrated': {u'forDevice': u'*Any Device', u'storeOptionsStore': {u'storeOnConnect': True, u'promptToStore': False, u'doNotStoreIfReopened': True, u'storeIfMoreRecent': False}, u'customColumnOptions': {u'currentReadingLocationColumn': u'#koboreadloc', u'percentReadColumn': u'#koboreadpct', u'lastReadColumn': u'#kobolastread', u'ratingColumn': u'#koborating'}, u'profileName': u'Migrated'}}, u'SchemaVersion': 0.1}
DEBUG: 8.8 get_prefs - start - store_name='storeOptionsStore'
DEBUG: 8.8 get_plugin_pref - start - store_name='commonOptionsStore', option='individualDeviceOptions'
DEBUG: 8.8 get_prefs - start - store_name='backupOptionsStore'
DEBUG: 8.8 get_prefs - start - store_name='updateOptionsStore'
DEBUG: 8.8 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - start: text='None'
DEBUG: 8.8 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - device connected. self.device.fwversion= (3, 19, 5761)
DEBUG: 8.8 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - setting to text='Utilities to use with Kobo ereaders

Connected Device: Kobo Glo
Firmware version: 3.19.5761
DEBUG: 8.8 KoboUtilites:_on_device_metadata_available - self.current_device_profile: {u'forDevice': u'*Any Device', u'storeOptionsStore': {u'storeIfMoreRecent': False, u'promptToStore': False, u'doNotStoreIfReopened': True, u'storeOnConnect': True}, u'customColumnOptions': {u'currentReadingLocationColumn': u'#koboreadloc', u'percentReadColumn': u'#koboreadpct', u'lastReadColumn': u'#kobolastread', u'ratingColumn': u'#koborating'}, u'profileName': u'Migrated'}
DEBUG: 8.8 KoboUtilites:_on_device_metadata_available - self.current_backup_config: {u'doDailyBackp': True, u'backupEachCOnnection': False, u'backupDestDirectory': u'X:/Livros/Kobo Glo/Base de dados', u'backupCopiesToKeepSpin': 5, u'backupZipDatabase': True}
DEBUG: 8.8 KoboUtilites:_on_device_metadata_available - About to start auto backup
DEBUG: 8.8 auto_backup_device_database - start
DEBUG: 8.8 BEGIN Get Device Path
DEBUG: 8.8 Root path of device: F:\
DEBUG: 8.8 END Get Device Path
DEBUG: 8.8 auto_backup_device_database - destination directory= X:/Livros/Kobo Glo/Base de dados
DEBUG: 8.8 auto_backup_device_database - about to get version info from device...
DEBUG: 8.8 auto_backup_device_database - version_info= ['613A294014995', '2.6.35.3', '3.19.5761', '2.6.35.3', '2.6.35.3', '00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000330']
DEBUG: 8.9 auto_backup_device_database - device_information= ('Kobo Glo', '', '', '', {'main': {u'date_last_connected': u'2016-12-31T15:24:30.360000+00:00', u'device_name': u'Kobo Glo', u'device_store_uuid': u'6f0eb90c-bd11-4d4e-8eae-c1649fcece5f', u'calibre_version': u'2.76.0', u'last_library_uuid': None, u'prefix': 'F:/', u'location_code': 'main'}})
DEBUG: 8.9 auto_backup_device_database - device_name= KoboGlo
DEBUG: 8.9 auto_backup_device_database - backup_file_template= KoboReader-KoboGlo-613A294014995-
DEBUG: 8.9 auto_backup_device_database - backup_options= {u'doDailyBackp': True, u'backupDestDirectory': u'X:/Livros/Kobo Glo/Base de dados', 'serial_number': '613A294014995', 'device_name': 'KoboGlo', u'backupZipDatabase': True, 'backup_file_template': 'KoboReader-{0}-{1}-{2}', 'device_path': 'F:\\', 'database_file': u'F:\\.kobo\\KoboReader.sqlite', u'backupEachCOnnection': False, u'backupCopiesToKeepSpin': 5}
DEBUG: 8.9 KoboUtilitiesAction::_firmware_update
DEBUG: 9.2 auto_backup_device_database - end
DEBUG: 9.2 KoboUtilites:_on_device_metadata_available - About to start auto store
DEBUG: 9.2 auto_store_current_bookmark - start
DEBUG: 9.2 Have a Kobo device connected connected
DEBUG: 9.2 BEGIN Get Device Path
DEBUG: 9.2 Root path of device: F:\
DEBUG: 9.2 END Get Device Path
DEBUG: 9.2 KoboUtilities:get_device - self.device_path="F:\"
DEBUG: 9.2 KoboUtilities:get_device - drive_info: {'main': {u'calibre_version': u'2.76.0', u'device_name': u'Kobo Glo', u'device_store_uuid': u'6f0eb90c-bd11-4d4e-8eae-c1649fcece5f', u'date_last_connected': u'2016-12-31T15:24:27.734000+00:00', u'last_library_uuid': None, u'prefix': 'F:/', u'location_code': 'main'}}
DEBUG: 9.2 migrate_library_config_if_required - start
DEBUG: 9.2 get_library_config - library_config: {u'profiles': {u'Migrated': {u'forDevice': u'*Any Device', u'storeOptionsStore': {u'storeIfMoreRecent': False, u'promptToStore': False, u'doNotStoreIfReopened': True, u'storeOnConnect': True}, u'customColumnOptions': {u'currentReadingLocationColumn': u'#koboreadloc', u'percentReadColumn': u'#koboreadpct', u'lastReadColumn': u'#kobolastread', u'ratingColumn': u'#koborating'}, u'profileName': u'Migrated'}}, u'SchemaVersion': 0.1}
DEBUG: 9.2 get_prefs - start - store_name='storeOptionsStore'
DEBUG: 9.2 get_plugin_pref - start - store_name='commonOptionsStore', option='individualDeviceOptions'
DEBUG: 9.2 get_prefs - start - store_name='backupOptionsStore'
DEBUG: 9.2 get_prefs - start - store_name='updateOptionsStore'
DEBUG: 9.2 BEGIN Get Device Path
DEBUG: 9.2 Root path of device: F:\
DEBUG: 9.2 END Get Device Path
DEBUG: 9.2 QueueProgressDialog::__init__
DEBUG: 9.2 QueueProgressDialog::do_books - Start
DEBUG: 9.2 get_column_names - columns_config: {u'currentReadingLocationColumn': u'#koboreadloc', u'percentReadColumn': u'#koboreadpct', u'lastReadColumn': u'#kobolastread', u'ratingColumn': u'#koborating'}
DEBUG: 9.2 QueueProgressDialog::do_books - kobo_percentRead_column='#koboreadpct'
DEBUG: 9.2 QueueProgressDialog::do_books - search_condition= ondevice:True and (#koboreadpct:false or #koboreadpct:<100)
DEBUG: 15.7 QueueProgressDialog::do_books - Finish
DEBUG: 15.7 QueueProgressDialog::do_queue
DEBUG: 15.7 KoboUtilitiesAction::_store_queue_job
DEBUG: 15.7 Have a Kobo device connected connected
DEBUG: 15.7 BEGIN Get Device Path
DEBUG: 15.7 Root path of device: F:\
DEBUG: 15.7 END Get Device Path
DEBUG: 15.7 KoboUtilities:get_device - self.device_path="F:\"
DEBUG: 15.7 KoboUtilities:get_device - drive_info: {'main': {u'calibre_version': u'2.76.0', u'device_name': u'Kobo Glo', u'device_store_uuid': u'6f0eb90c-bd11-4d4e-8eae-c1649fcece5f', u'date_last_connected': u'2016-12-31T15:24:27.734000+00:00', u'last_library_uuid': None, u'prefix': 'F:/', u'location_code': 'main'}}
DEBUG: 15.7 migrate_library_config_if_required - start
DEBUG: 15.7 get_library_config - library_config: {u'profiles': {u'Migrated': {u'forDevice': u'*Any Device', u'storeOptionsStore': {u'storeIfMoreRecent': False, u'promptToStore': False, u'doNotStoreIfReopened': True, u'storeOnConnect': True}, u'customColumnOptions': {u'currentReadingLocationColumn': u'#koboreadloc', u'percentReadColumn': u'#koboreadpct', u'lastReadColumn': u'#kobolastread', u'ratingColumn': u'#koborating'}, u'profileName': u'Migrated'}}, u'SchemaVersion': 0.1}
DEBUG: 15.7 get_prefs - start - store_name='storeOptionsStore'
DEBUG: 15.7 get_plugin_pref - start - store_name='commonOptionsStore', option='individualDeviceOptions'
DEBUG: 15.7 get_prefs - start - store_name='backupOptionsStore'
DEBUG: 15.7 get_prefs - start - store_name='updateOptionsStore'
DEBUG: 15.7 rebuild_menus - self.supports_ratings=True, self.supports_tiles=True
DEBUG: 15.7 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - start: text='None'
DEBUG: 15.7 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - device connected. self.device.fwversion= (3, 19, 5761)
DEBUG: 15.7 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - setting to text='Utilities to use with Kobo ereaders

Connected Device: Kobo Glo
Firmware version: 3.19.5761
DEBUG: 15.7 rebuild_menus - have device.
DeviceJob: 3 Listar os livros presentes no dispositivo callback returned
Job: 4 Backing up Kobo device database started
DEBUG: 0.0 do_device_database_backup - start
logger - do_device_database_backup - start
Job: 3 DEBUG: 0.0 Listar os livros presentes no dispositivo do_device_database_backup - backup_options=finished
{u'doDailyBackp': True, u'backupDestDirectory': u'X:/Livros/Kobo Glo/Base de dados', 'serial_number': '613A294014995', 'device_name': 'KoboGlo', u'backupZipDatabase': True, 'backup_file_template': 'KoboReader-{0}-{1}-{2}', 'device_path': 'F:\\', 'database_file': u'F:\\.kobo\\KoboReader.sqlite', u'backupEachCOnnection': False, u'backupCopiesToKeepSpin': 5}Sem detalhes disponíveis.

DEBUG: 0.0 do_device_database_backup - copies_to_keep= 5
DEBUG: 0.0 do_device_database_backup - backup_file_search= KoboReader-KoboGlo-613A294014995-20161231-[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9].*
DEBUG: 0.0 do_device_database_backup - backup_file_search= X:/Livros/Kobo Glo/Base de dados\KoboReader-KoboGlo-613A294014995-20161231-[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9].*
DEBUG: 0.0 do_device_database_backup - backup_files= [u'X:/Livros/Kobo Glo/Base de dados\\KoboReader-KoboGlo-613A294014995-20161231-145805.zip']
DEBUG: 0.0 auto_backup_device_database - Backup already done today
DeviceJob: 4 Backing up Kobo device database done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 4 Backing up Kobo device database callback returned
Job: 5 Storing reading positions for 275 books started
DEBUG: 0.0 do_store_locations - start
DEBUG: 0.0 do_store_locations - options={'job_function': 'store_current_bookmark', u'count_selected_books': 0, u'promptToStore': False, u'readingStatus': False, 'device_database_path': u'F:\\.kobo\\KoboReader.sqlite', u'doNotStoreIfReopened': True, u'rating': False, u'storeIfMoreRecent': False, u'clearIfUnread': False, 'allOnDevice': True, u'storeBookmarks': True, u'backgroundJob': True, u'setDateToNow': False, 'supports_ratings': True}
DEBUG: 0.0 do_store_locations - len(books_to_scan)=275
Worker Launch took: 0.671000003815
DEBUG: 0.7 do_store_locations - Job not finished
Job: 4 Backing up Kobo device database finished
Job: 6 Store locations finished
Store locations

DEBUG: 5.1 Stored_location count=0
DEBUG: 5.1 Store locations

DEBUG: 5.3 do_store_locations - finished
DeviceJob: 5 Storing reading positions for 275 books done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 5 Storing reading positions for 275 books callback returnedDEBUG: 21.1
KoboUtilitiesAction::_store_completed - options {'job_function': 'store_current_bookmark', u'count_selected_books': 0, u'promptToStore': False, u'readingStatus': False, 'device_database_path': u'F:\\.kobo\\KoboReader.sqlite', u'doNotStoreIfReopened': True, u'rating': False, u'storeIfMoreRecent': False, u'clearIfUnread': False, 'allOnDevice': True, u'storeBookmarks': True, u'backgroundJob': True, u'setDateToNow': False, 'supports_ratings': True}
Job: 5 Storing reading positions for 275 books finished
Started up in 60.61 seconds with 1518 books

tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 12:38 PM   #1670
diane55
diane55 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.diane55 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.diane55 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.diane55 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.diane55 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.diane55 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.diane55 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.diane55 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.diane55 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.diane55 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.diane55 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kobo Glo
I've reported the following issue in this thread :
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=282234

Have a hapyy New Year.
Regards.

Hi,

PC's configuration
Windows 10, 64 bits
Calibre 2.76
+ Extension KoboTouchExtended 2.8.2 dated sept 19, 2016

Devices
Kobo Aura Edition 2, firmware 4.2.8110
Kobo Glo HD, firmware 3.19.5761
The 2 Kobo are detected by Windows 10 and by Calibre.

Problem
The transfer of ebooks to the devices is impossible

calibre, version 2.76.0
ERREUR : Erreur: Erreur pendant la communication avec le dispositif

'bool' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 88, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 587, in _upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 335, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1950, in upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 259, in _modify_epub
File "ntpath.py", line 288, in expanduser
TypeError: 'bool' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

Even with KoboTouchExtended* desactived, the problem remains.

* Error's message with KobotouchExtended :
calibre, version 2.76.0

ERREUR : Exception non gérée: <b>TypeError</b>:QLineEdit.setText(str): argument 1 has unexpected type 'bool'

calibre 2.76 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: KoboTouchExtended (2, 8, 2)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 290, in double_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 371, in modify_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 155, in do_user_config
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 139, in config_widget
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.koboext ended_config", line 42, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.koboext ended_config", line 70, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.koboext ended_config", line 136, in __init__
TypeError: QLineEdit.setText(str): argument 1 has unexpected type 'bool'

Other successful tests
- No transfer problem of the same library with Calibre 2.76, run on another PC with OS Windows 7x64
- No transfer problem of the same library with the portable Calibre 2.76

------------
The problem is resolved.

The issue is due to the KoboTouchedExtended plugin.
It was disabled but it is not sufficient. I've unistalled it and the problem is solved.
diane55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2016, 08:41 PM   #1671
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@diane55: The first error is a problem with the path stored for saving a copy of the generated kepubs. The second problem is actually the same as opening the configuration dialog is failing when reading the above path.

The problem is caused by my changes the main KoboTouch driver last year. These include major changes to how the configuration was stored and the configuration dialog. Unfortunately, I didn't do the migration properly. There were some issues caused by the fact that people configured the drivers years ago and hadn't touched them since. I've tried solving them a few times now, and I think I have most cases, but I am obviously missing at least one. At this point, I can't do anything more except recommend removing the current configuration and starting again.

What you need to do is open the calibre configuration directory, find the file "device_drivers_KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED.py" and delete it. Then start calibre and redo the configuration settings. To open the calibre configuration directory, go into the "Miscellaneous" section of the preferences and click the "Open calibre configuration directory" button. Close calibre before deleting the fie.
Old 01-01-2017, 05:23 AM   #1672
diane55
diane55 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.diane55 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.diane55 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.diane55 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.diane55 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.diane55 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.diane55 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.diane55 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.diane55 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.diane55 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.diane55 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thank you David for sparing your time during New Year's Eve to give assistance.

I've done all the steps indicated and I'm now able to use the plugin KoboTouchExtended which is very useful.

Again many thanks.
My best wishes for this new 2017 year.

Last edited by diane55; 01-01-2017 at 05:35 AM.
diane55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:17 AM   #1673
giddie
giddie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quick request, as I've been unable to activate an Ubuntu One account (still waiting for verification e-mail):

It would be really awesome to have the option to modify all "text-align: center" CSS rules to "text-align: center !important", in order to override the default "div, p { text-align: %1 !important }" rule when exporting kepub. Possibly also with an additional option to do the same thing for *all* text-aligns, and not just the centers.

Cheers; and thanks for your hard work!
giddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:24 AM   #1674
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Calibre has CSS modification abilities in the base conversion options. I'm not sure what exactly they can do, but look through those. I'm not adding CSS manipulation to the driver though.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:53 AM   #1675
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by giddie View Post
It would be really awesome to have the option to modify all "text-align: center" CSS rules to "text-align: center !important", in order to override the default "div, p { text-align: %1 !important }" rule when exporting kepub.
I'm not sure whether this is helpful to you but one of the patches in the Kobo Patcher will let you change that default "div, p { text-align: %1 !important }" to "body { text-align: %1 !important; }".

If you're already using the Patcher for other things the one to look for is labeled "patch_name = `Un-Force user text-align in div,p tags in KePubs`"
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 03:57 AM   #1676
giddie
giddie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Thanks both. I had had a look for a built-in feature for CSS previously and hadn't found it, but I've had more luck on a second attempt. Looks like I should be able to get what I need with the existing features.

I'm aware of the patcher. However, I'd like to avoid using it if possible, as it'll complicate firmware updates. Still, I'm a software engineer myself, so if I have time to play at some point, I may well do
giddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 08:22 AM   #1677
helour
Enthusiast
helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Onyx M96, Kobo Glo HD
Problem with various UTF-8 quotation marks

Hi,

I've found problem with the spanning of the text which contains various quotation marks. I can fix it, but I need an info which *.py file handles such things.

Wrong:
Spoiler:
„No dobra,“ prohlasila Desjaniova podrazdene, „kdyz se za Navarra zarucila ta zenska, tak je to asi jasne.“
„Tano…“
„Mate nejake tuseni, kde vubec je?“
„Kdo? Rionova?“ zeptal se Geary. „Ne. Proc?“

<p class="t"><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.34.1">„No dobra,“ prohlasila Desjaniova podrazdene, „kdyz se za Navarra zarucila ta zenska, tak je to asi jasne.</span><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.34.2">“</span></p>
<p class="t"><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.35.1">„Tano…“</span></p>
<p class="t"><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.36.1">„Mate nejake tuseni, kde vubec je?</span><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.36.2">“</span></p>
<p class="t"><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.37.1">„Kdo? </span><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.37.2">Rionova?</span><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.37.3">“ zeptal se Geary. </span><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.37.4">„Ne. </span><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.37.5">Proc?</span><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.37.6">“</span></p>

Better (except the ellipsis problem):
Spoiler:
"No dobra," prohlasila Desjaniova podrazdene, "kdyz se za Navarra zarucila ta zenska, tak je to asi jasne."
"Tano..."
"Mate nejake tuseni, kde vubec je?"
"Kdo? Rionova?" zeptal se Geary. "Ne. Proc?"

<p class="t"><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.34.1">"No dobra," prohlasila Desjaniova podrazdene, "kdyz se za Navarra zarucila ta zenska, tak je to asi jasne."</span></p>
<p class="t"><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.35.1">"Tano.</span><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.35.2">.</span><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.35.3">."</span></p>
<p class="t"><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.36.1">"Mate nejake tuseni, kde vubec je?"</span></p>
<p class="t"><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.37.1">"Kdo? </span><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.37.2">Rionova?" </span><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.37.3">zeptal se Geary. </span><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.37.4">"Ne. </span><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.37.5">Proc?"</span></p>

The incorect spanning leads to ugly spaces between words when the hyphenation and the full justification are enabled.
helour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 06:12 PM   #1678
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by helour View Post
Hi,

I've found problem with the spanning of the text which contains various quotation marks. I can fix it, but I need an info which *.py file handles such things.

Wrong:
Spoiler:
„No dobra,“ prohlasila Desjaniova podrazdene, „kdyz se za Navarra zarucila ta zenska, tak je to asi jasne.“
„Tano…“
„Mate nejake tuseni, kde vubec je?“
„Kdo? Rionova?“ zeptal se Geary. „Ne. Proc?“

<p class="t"><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.34.1">„No dobra,“ prohlasila Desjaniova podrazdene, „kdyz se za Navarra zarucila ta zenska, tak je to asi jasne.</span><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.34.2">“</span></p>
<p class="t"><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.35.1">„Tano…“</span></p>
<p class="t"><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.36.1">„Mate nejake tuseni, kde vubec je?</span><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.36.2">“</span></p>
<p class="t"><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.37.1">„Kdo? </span><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.37.2">Rionova?</span><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.37.3">“ zeptal se Geary. </span><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.37.4">„Ne. </span><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.37.5">Proc?</span><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.37.6">“</span></p>

Better (except the ellipsis problem):
Spoiler:
"No dobra," prohlasila Desjaniova podrazdene, "kdyz se za Navarra zarucila ta zenska, tak je to asi jasne."
"Tano..."
"Mate nejake tuseni, kde vubec je?"
"Kdo? Rionova?" zeptal se Geary. "Ne. Proc?"

<p class="t"><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.34.1">"No dobra," prohlasila Desjaniova podrazdene, "kdyz se za Navarra zarucila ta zenska, tak je to asi jasne."</span></p>
<p class="t"><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.35.1">"Tano.</span><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.35.2">.</span><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.35.3">."</span></p>
<p class="t"><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.36.1">"Mate nejake tuseni, kde vubec je?"</span></p>
<p class="t"><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.37.1">"Kdo? </span><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.37.2">Rionova?" </span><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.37.3">zeptal se Geary. </span><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.37.4">"Ne. </span><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.37.5">Proc?"</span></p>

The incorect spanning leads to ugly spaces between words when the hyphenation and the full justification are enabled.
The file you want is "container.py". It's probably enough to add the other "close quote" characters into the regex at line 215. And as an ellipse can be used at the end of a sentence, it probably should be in there as well. The statement is probably:
Code:
                groups = re.split(ur'(.*?[\.\!\?\:…][\'"\u201d\u2019“]?\s*)',
                                  text,
                                  flags=re.UNICODE | re.MULTILINE)
I can't test that at the moment. And I'm copying and pasting from places, so check that I have actually gotten the correct character.

And for confirmation, can you point to a book in the Kobo store that uses this style of quotes? We can then check that what we do agrees with Kobo does.
Old 01-26-2017, 06:57 PM   #1679
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If anything dealing with the conversion get changed, will the same be done for the kepub conversion plugin?'
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:30 PM   #1680
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If anything dealing with the conversion get changed, will the same be done for the kepub conversion plugin?'
Probably. Most of the code is shared. If one gets changed, the other should get the same change.

Tags
error, kobo aura one