Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 02-24-2008, 01:14 AM   #1
Kasrielle
Enthusiast
Kasrielle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Keyboard
Getting imp files onto the reader - what am I missing?

I'm using GEB ebook librarian, and have successfully converted a ton of doc and html files (fanfic) and transferred them from the library onto my reader. However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get files that are already in imp format into the library. And if I don't get them onto the library shelf, how do I get them onto the reader?

For instance, the files in the upload section of this forum - how do I get them on the reader after I download them to my computer? And I have several books on the computer already in this format... but I can't read them because I can't get them on the reader.

Is there another library I have to use to do this? And will using another library mess up my GEB library? (It has over 100 books in it - I don't want to mess them up.)

I feel really stupid - but I need help! I've tried the "all files" option instead of "importable files" option, but nothing happens. It says it created a new book, but there is no book between the <> (looks just like that.)
Kasrielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 03:03 AM   #2
Mikou
Zealot
Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Amazon Fire 10, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One
It has been a while since I used the Librarian since I now have a Mac, but I can point you to these instructions on the ebookwise site where they describe 4 ways of putting personal content on your reader:

http://www.ebookwise.com/servlet/mw?...tent.htm&si=43
Mikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2008, 08:38 AM   #3
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasrielle View Post
I'm using GEB ebook librarian, and have successfully converted a ton of doc and html files (fanfic) and transferred them from the library onto my reader. However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get files that are already in imp format into the library. And if I don't get them onto the library shelf, how do I get them onto the reader?

For instance, the files in the upload section of this forum - how do I get them on the reader after I download them to my computer? And I have several books on the computer already in this format... but I can't read them because I can't get them on the reader.

Is there another library I have to use to do this? And will using another library mess up my GEB library? (It has over 100 books in it - I don't want to mess them up.)

I feel really stupid - but I need help! I've tried the "all files" option instead of "importable files" option, but nothing happens. It says it created a new book, but there is no book between the <> (looks just like that.)
Actually, it's quite easy to get .IMP files into 'your library' in GEBLibrarian, although it is NOT intuitive. There doesn't seem to be a way to do this using GEBLibrarian.

Using 'windows explorer', just copy the .IMP files from where they are stored on your computer to the directory 'C:\GEBLibrarian\Bookshelf\Your Library.bookshelf'. That's it. No importing required.

Now, within GEBLibrarian, just change to the bookshelf 'your library' and you will see those newly transferred .IMP files.

Last edited by nrapallo; 02-24-2008 at 08:47 AM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:31 PM   #4
Kasrielle
Enthusiast
Kasrielle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Keyboard
Thank you, nrapallo - that worked! It begs another question, however - I don't have a folder entitled "bookshelf" or " your library". All my books are directly in c:\GEBLibrarian. There are no folders at all in that file. Is that a problem? Should I create the subfolders you mentioned?
Kasrielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:44 PM   #5
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasrielle View Post
Thank you, nrapallo - that worked! It begs another question, however - I don't have a folder entitled "bookshelf" or " your library". All my books are directly in c:\GEBLibrarian. There are no folders at all in that file. Is that a problem? Should I create the subfolders you mentioned?
It is a matter of preference, locating all your books in a subdirectory. You are probably using the <default> bookshelf, so you have not yet created any subfolders (bookshelves).

In GEBLibrarian, try creating a 'New Bookshelf' named 'your library' (change the name to suit your library name) and that will be your first subfolder in c:\GEBLibrarian. Just repeat same for any additional subfolders you need.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2008, 01:13 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've stuck this thread since it gives some very useful helpful information.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote