Notices

Old 02-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
real_yoni
real_yoni began at the beginning.

Device: Sony reader
Power rating and google books

Hey all,

I've just received my prs-t1 that I bought on ebay. I've couple of question:

1. I only got a USB cable with it (and no manuals) , however I would like to directly charge it from the wall. what is the power rating?

2. I tried to access google books store but I was redirected to Sony's store instead. does the service doesn't work for everyone or just for me (based on GEO location as I live out side of the US)

Thanks,

Yoni
real_yoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Due to changes at Google books, the PRS-T1 will no longer access it directly.
The most recent firmware update for the PRS-T1 removes the Google books option from the PRS-T1 menu.

I'll try to remember to look at my Sony adapter tonight to see what the power rating is.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #3
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

here are the numbers on my official Sony power adapter - hope I can read it correctly, it's tiny print -

Input: 100-240V
50/60 Hz 0.2A
Output:5V = 1000mA

Maybe you will get lucky and have another adapter on hand that works. I didn't have one, so I bought the Sony adapter. Then several months later I had to get a new cell phone and the adapter that came with it turned out to work on my reader.

Last edited by 4691mls; 02-12-2013 at 10:00 PM. Reason: fix typo
Old 02-13-2013, 07:43 AM   #4
real_yoni
real_yoni began at the beginning.

Device: Sony reader
Thanks! I really appreciate this.
real_yoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #5
4691mls
Wizard

You're welcome! I sure was glad to find this forum when I was new to ereading and had questions. Before you know it, you'll be answering other people's questions!
Advert
Old 02-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #6
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
You can still access Google books using the browser and basically any micro usb charger will be ok... I have 3(all from old cell phones) plus the sony one all work equally well as will the pc usb charger
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:09 PM   #7
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by real_yoni View Post
1. I only got a USB cable with it (and no manuals) , however I would like to directly charge it from the wall. what is the power rating?

That's the way the reader comes. It only comes with the USB cable. All manuals are on the reader itself. There are no paper manuals. The user guide is on the reader. You should take the time to read it. It is genuinely very useful.

When you get the latest firmware for the T1 it will remove the link to Google Books on the device. Since it no longer accesses it there's no point in having it on the reader.

To charge from the wall you can use any Micro USB plug. Check the adapter that your cell phone uses. You can even buy the Kindle Micro USB power adapter and it'll work with it.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:19 PM   #8
4691mls
Wizard

The user manual is also available on Sony's support site

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-...ls#/manualsTab
Old 02-18-2013, 05:31 AM   #9
medard
Wizard
medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Electronic Paper
A list of compatible wall chargers for the Sony PRS-T1 is available on MobileRead's Wiki:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST..._wall_chargers
medard is offline   Reply With Quote