Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #1
XrXca
Avid Reader
XrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura about

Device: Auro H2O, Kobo Glo x 2, Asus Tablet
Lockup when reading + charging

I love my Glo, but have an annoying glitch and was wondering if others have run into it.

The Glo is rock solid, I've read a ton of books on it so far and the ONLY problem I've run into is if I try to read while it is charging it will lock up every dozen or so pages.

This has been very consistent, and has occurred reading both sideloaded and kobo purchased books.

When it locks up I can't even turn off the backlight so I hold the power switch until the backlight goes out then release and hold it again for a few seconds and it will reboot at which point I can continue reading until it locks up again (or like tonight just give up and let it charge)

I've had this happen when charging from a laptop, using the Vox wall charger and using an apple usb charging cube, so I no longer suspect the charger, but an issue with the reader...

Anyone else seen this behavior?
XrXca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:11 AM   #2
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
Not already tried to read while charging. I bought it at the beginning of the month, charged it fully and never had to charge it again, though reading a lot (7 boks of about 300 pages each, plus one on the go) with or without the light on (but without wifi on). The battery states 59% full at the moment. When time will come to charge it, I'll try reading in the same time and let you know if your problem is still not fixed.
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Actually did some reading while charging with a phone charger last night for a while and I had no problems.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:19 AM   #4
Brian01
Brian01 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian01 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian01 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian01 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian01 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian01 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian01 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian01 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian01 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian01 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian01 has a spectacular aura about

Device: koboglo
My kobo Glo just locked up when trying to play Sudoko. After trying a few things with no success I found a small hole at the base. I poked a pin in here and could feel a switch move. After holding the pin in for a few seconds the device rebooted with everything back to normal. Brian
Brian01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:22 AM   #5
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian01 View Post
My kobo Glo just locked up when trying to play Sudoko. After trying a few things with no success I found a small hole at the base. I poked a pin in here and could feel a switch move. After holding the pin in for a few seconds the device rebooted with everything back to normal. Brian
I had exactly the same thing happen to me tonight. The first time ever I played Sudoku on the device. I never got to play, it locked up on entering the game.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert