Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 05:04 PM   #1006
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
ProfCrash, Faterson, Mario - thanks a lot.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:22 PM   #1007
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's the link to more info on GRiker's great plugin for Calibre: http://marvinapp.com/annotplugin.html and the link to the plugin's page on MR: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=205062
Advert
Old 03-11-2013, 06:37 PM   #1008
maxjens
Connoisseur
maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad & Bebook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
Here's the link to more info on GRiker's great plugin for Calibre: http://marvinapp.com/annotplugin.html and the link to the plugin's page on MR: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=205062
Love the new update, metadata is showing

Will try this new feature.

Saw some awesome new stuff in the 1.4 update.

Marvin has become my default reader .

Old 03-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #1009
maxjens
Connoisseur
maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxjens View Post
Will try this new feature.
Saw that it has two options, icloud and email. Marvin has integration with dropbox, could you also add that as option?
Old 03-12-2013, 02:26 AM   #1010
kguil
Addict

You mean iCloud?
Advert
Old 03-12-2013, 05:29 AM   #1011
maxjens
Connoisseur

Quote:
You mean iCloud?
I mean an extra option in this screen.

Add the option to choose the dropbox, if availible.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	386.7 KB
ID:	102783  
Old 03-12-2013, 06:10 AM   #1012
kguil
Addict

Oh I see. Good idea. Noted.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:25 AM   #1013
eVeNtInE
eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle
Quote:
@eVeNtInE The version after 1.2 will support something even better than translate and Wiktionary. You'll be able to create your own button with custom behaviour including access to external dictionary apps if they have a custom URL scheme (more on this later).
Is there any word on when this will be available Kris, I was hoping it would appear in 1.3?
Old 03-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #1014
kguil
Addict

I have prioritised some stuff over it for 1.3 and 1.4 because I'm trying to avoid massive updates in one go in favour of more frequent ones.

It is still on my 'high' priority list. You should have it by this month or so.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:28 PM   #1015
eVeNtInE
eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!eVeNtInE , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle
Thanks, the sooner the better, it'd be essential for reading foreign texts!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:26 AM   #1016
SharonK
Enthusiast
SharonK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Perhaps you can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Not if you switch the server on only if you need it -- which for me is almost never, because SugarSync mirrors all Calibre folders for me anyway, so I don't need to be running Calibre's server at all.
This is something I might be interested in. Perhaps you could answer a few questions for me. In case it matters, I use a Mac. Using Dropbox, your entire Calibre folder goes into it; is this the way it happens with SugarSync? I worry about the folder not being backed up, and losing my Calibre library. And, I assume, that you have a limited amount of space, with SugarSync, and using more forces you to pay for it. I'm trying to avoid paying for that as I'm now on a fixed income.

I now understand about adding a password, but can't figure out how to do that. I remember seeing the option when I set up the connection earlier, but can't find it now. I'm obviously missing something. Anyway, if you have the time to answer any of my questions, I'd appreciate it.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #1017
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I just downloaded Dropbox. I'll add my library soon. Any suggestions on adding my Calibre library? Should I have separate folders for different genres?

Is there a step by step guide for moving books from dropbox to Marvin? What is this about a password?
Old 03-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #1018
kguil
Addict

@SharonK - I'm not understanding. Which password?
@ProfCrash - If your epubs are in Dropbox, Marvin will find them no matter where they are (no setup required - except for linking Marvin to DB).
Old 03-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #1019
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
The password discussion was for the ODPS catalog. Nothing to do with the straightforward integration of Marvin with Dropbox.

ProfCrash, the easiest way is to move your whole calibre library to your Dropbox folder and then point calibre to that new location. Basically your calibre library is in Dropbox (and also still residing on your computer).
Old 03-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #1020
kguil
Addict

Thanks.
Closed Thread