Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-02-2012, 04:16 AM   #1
User13262
User13262 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Question Kobo not showing books on device?

I'm hoping someone can help me as my googling hasn't come up with an answer.

I wanted to get rid of the 100 free E-Books, and a friend said i should do a FAT32 format which would wipe them off the device which i did. I now know that was the wrong way to do it - but it did remove them. Now it won't show other books on that have since been put on the device. They show when you view the device as an external hard drive, and in the program on the computer but not when you actually try to read them on the device it says 'No Books'.

Can anyone help?
User13262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:34 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The format deleted the database and directory structure for where the device expects to find things. You will need to do a factory reset to get everything working again. I don't know the how to do this on the device you have unless it is in the settings under "Device information".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2012, 03:50 AM   #3
User13262
User13262 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I tried that but it didn't work. Is there likely to be somewhere on line the database i accidentally deleted so i can just put it back?
User13262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:05 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I'm surprised that didn't work. I think https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...oReader.sqlite might help.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote