Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-03-2012, 08:55 AM   #211
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
By now I realized that the unresponsive touch screen area is towards the lower right and lower left corner.
I've noticed this as well. With all the previous firmware versions a gentle tap in the bottom right hand corner always turned the page. With version 17 the same area now offers no response.
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:10 AM   #212
kram
kram has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kram has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kram has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kram has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch
I agree.

I've moved where I tap a little higher on the right side and have almost no dead taps anymore.
kram is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #213
Hoods7070
Groupie
Hoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notes

Device: Nexus 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post
Next firmware update should solely be dedicated to getting rid of the book recommendations etc down the bottom of the home screen
That, and also to better bookmarking.
Hoods7070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:00 PM   #214
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoods7070 View Post
That, and also to better bookmarking.
Out of curiousity what would you want in better bookmarking? The dog ears are great for what little bookmarking I do.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:48 AM   #215
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Out of curiousity what would you want in better bookmarking? The dog ears are great for what little bookmarking I do.
That plus highlighting some text and saving that as a bookmark with or without a note. Other than saving these off the KT, I can't think of anything either.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2012, 04:11 AM   #216
voom
Just me :)
voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.

Some people mentioned, that downloading books with the browser makes trouble; I tried with my own protected website I created to easily get files to the KT (upload via mounted ftp-dir in Windows, webpage automatically makes easy-to-tap-on thumbnails for all files in dir) and it works better than before; I downloaded several books of different sizes and I got no freezes or other problems so far. It used to be more flaky with older firmwares (16 and before) where the KT froze on the "processing"-screen although the book usually was already in the library when I hit home to break out. It worked, but meant I had to restart the browser to download further books... I have not tried other webpages or dropbox with fw .17 yet, though...
voom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #217
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Regarding my error when using Calibre to make changes to my Kobo Touch [would only let me make 1 change at a time before giving me an error].

Wanted to come back and say I got it working again, about 75% of the time anyways. [After trying many things with 5 page thread in Calibre-Devices forum] Here's what "worked" for me:

With Kobo plugged into computer, right click the drive it's in, select properties, then select hardware, select the Kobo, then properties, then policies.
There are 2 options, on mine the first was selected [Optimize for quick removal], I unchecked that, and selected the next option [Optimize for performance].

Hope it might help someone else.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #218
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
There are 2 options, on mine the first was selected [Optimize for quick removal], I unchecked that, and selected the next option [Optimize for performance].
Sorry, but this is a mistake. Despite it making Calibre work.

Optimize for quick removal should be set for removable drives, which the Touch is.

If Optimize for performance is set, you HAVE to dismount the drive each and every time you want to remove the USB from the Touch.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #219
Speckled28
Speckled28 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrewcock View Post
Managed to answer part of my question:
It seems Kobo was able to replicate my problem with the browser. They now say my unit is probably OK and I should wait for another update that will hopefully fix the problem. They believe every touch unit probably has the same problem.
I asked if there was any way to revert back to a previous version and have yet to get a reply.
I've been having the same issue with mine since the upgrade. I can click on "Favorites" once.....but if I try to do it again I get a restart......every single time. I've also been having problems with my wifi since the upgrade.....which worked perfectly fine before. Now assuming I can actually get it to connect it takes at least a good 15 minutes.....and makes me select my network every time. Other times it won't connect at all.......and everything else I have that uses wifi is working fine......so I know it's just with the Kobo. Bah.....I got the Kobo as a gift this past November.....and while I do love it......it seems like there's ALWAYS one problem or another :S
Speckled28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:12 AM   #220
ElectricAlice
ElectricAlice began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thra11 View Post
[*]The browser seems to have been broken. Now it comes up with some nonsense about appearing to be connecting to a public wifi hotspot, then tries to load a "Hotspot web login" page, which never loads, presumably because my home wifi connection is not a public hotspot. It's gained a 'cancel' button, but to be honest, I preferred it when it could actually connect to the network and load web pages. [/LIST]

I'm having the very same problem. It's really annoying because I have to delete the wifi from settings and then reconnect, re-entering the password (long, and annoying, and alphanumeric) every time I want to download a fanfic (often).
It does this when I try to connect to the store too.
ElectricAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:44 AM   #221
voom
Just me :)
voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.

It seems the WiFi-issue is related to some spezific settings / environment. For me everything related to WiFi continues to work just fine with fw .17...
voom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #222
ballfresno
Addict
ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (Sage, Aura One, Aura HD, & Touch); reMarkable tablet.
I upgraded from .16 to .17 early this week and have not had any problems since then, other than one instance of the Kobo freezing up when trying to find annotations. Page turns are now working almost all the time and I have no more double tap incidents. I'm quite happy with the improvements from this upgrade.
ballfresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #223
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
So far with 1.9.17:

- Books seem to open a little slower
- No dead-tap-followed-by-double-page-turn problems
- Still plenty of plain double page turns

The corruption of Awards is still there. Yesterday I got a pop-up award notice for "Unspecified award - Description here".
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #224
RoninTech
Groupie
RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Nook Colour, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Nexus 7, Nexus 5, Pixel
Quote:
Originally Posted by voom View Post
It seems the WiFi-issue is related to some spezific settings / environment. For me everything related to WiFi continues to work just fine with fw .17...
WiFi may be OK but the browser certainly isn't solid in .17. Makes it frustrating having WiFi if a major (although buried in the stock menus) tool that uses it is flakey.
RoninTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:33 AM   #225
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJames View Post
So far with 1.9.17:

- Books seem to open a little slower
- No dead-tap-followed-by-double-page-turn problems
- Still plenty of plain double page turns

The corruption of Awards is still there. Yesterday I got a pop-up award notice for "Unspecified award - Description here".
Wow! An Unspecified award. :P How special is that?!
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote