Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-16-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
holmesianman
holmesianman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Auto convert ePub into Mobi?

I want my news sources to automatically convert to .mob format when they download so that when they are emailed to my Kindle 3 they won't fail. How can I do this?
holmesianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:17 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you specify a Kindle a your device in the Welcome wizard then news will be generated in mobi format in the first place. You can always rerun the Welcome Wizard via the button on the Preferences Dialog.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2011, 01:02 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by holmesianman View Post
I want my news sources to automatically convert to .mob format when they download so that when they are emailed to my Kindle 3 they won't fail. How can I do this?
Go to Preferences - Behavior and change the Preferred output format to Mobi.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:14 PM   #4
Scoobydoofus
Scoobydoofus began at the beginning.

Device: KindlePW + iDevices
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Go to Preferences - Behavior and change the Preferred output format to Mobi.
I would rather have my preferred output set to ePub so that when I'm browsing books via the content server on my iPad, I can use the "Get" button and import the ePub version into iBooks.

I don't suppose there's a way to have the "Get" button use ePub and the News feature use Mobi?

Scoobydoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:59 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobydoofus View Post
I don't suppose there's a way to have the "Get" button use ePub and the News feature use Mobi?
Not that I'm aware of.

For folks that fetch news to read on their Kindle having the default output set to Mobi is critical to formatting your periodicals correctly.
Advert
Old 10-26-2011, 12:59 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobydoofus View Post
I would rather have my preferred output set to ePub so that when I'm browsing books via the content server on my iPad, I can use the "Get" button and import the ePub version into iBooks.

I see both EPUB and Mobi 'get' buttons (when both are in the Library) from my K4 (browser).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:18 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I see both EPUB and Mobi 'get' buttons (when both are in the Library) from my K4 (browser).
I may be wrong, but isn't one a "get button" and the other an obvious link? I agree though it is just as easy to click on the link as the get button.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:45 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I may be wrong, but isn't one a "get button" and the other an obvious link? I agree though it is just as easy to click on the link as the get button.
I see 2 buttons (next to each other) on the K4.
Oh! I am using the Content server. Not e-mail
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:49 AM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I see 2 buttons (next to each other) on the K4.
Oh! I am using the Content server. Not e-mail
I was talking about the content server, so two buttons it is.