Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-01-2012, 09:11 AM   #136
CrazyCoder
Zealot
CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (10th gen), Kobo Libra 2, Onyx Leaf2 Black
cr3runner installer

I've created a new cr3runner 2.6 installer for Kindle 4 NT (works for 2011 and 2012 models). This way installing CoolReader is much easier:
  1. jailbreak
  2. copy everything from cr3-dist.zip to Kindle
  3. copy update_cr3runner_2.6_install-k4.bin from cr3runner.zip to Kindle
  4. install update from Kindle menu

Now open CR3 Runner v2.6 kindlet on Kindle and press middle joystick button to start CoolReader 3.
CrazyCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:14 AM   #137
CrazyCoder
Zealot
CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There is now a project site available at https://github.com/CrazyCoder/coolreader-kindle-qt with the new version downloads (updated cr3runner, driver and cr3 with an option to set full screen update interval).
Advert
Old 10-07-2012, 08:25 AM   #138
Mike76
Connoisseur
Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013, Kobo Mini, iPad Mini
Is there any way to take a screenshot within CoolReader on K4NT?
Mike76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:42 AM   #139
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
To take a screenshot on the Kindle 4 basic model, push the 'menu' and 'keyboard' buttons down at the same time and then release. After about 2-3 seconds the screen will flash and a .gif image will be saved in the 'documents' folder
Although I dunno if that will work in CR3 apologies
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #140
CrazyCoder
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike76 View Post
Is there any way to take a screenshot within CoolReader on K4NT?
Not yet, but it's something I may add in the future updates.
Advert
Old 10-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #141
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

there is of course always via VNC or the k3libre project.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:01 AM   #142
macuso
macuso began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone4, Kindle
Great project. I want to ask if is posible to see suport for .ODT file format in this project. ODT are better than DOC because they are generated by LibreOffice. Thank you.
macuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:31 AM   #143
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I guess it will be out of scope, since coolreader for the Kindle is standing on the shoulders of giants - i.e. the CRengine (it is also used in kindlepdfviewer, thus I know it a bit). That again uses the antiword engine to read those files. And this does only "classic" DOC/RTF. The newer formats like docx and odt are quite a bit different.

Then, "better than X because it is generated by Y" is not really an argument, but more "politics". You certainly know that OpenOffice/LibreOffice will also happily create DOC, right? It's not their native format, that's right.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:03 AM   #144
twobob

yep. Hawhill is "on the money" there. spot on.

Docx is effectively a compressed xml document IIRC, which brings Microsoft (slowly) into line with ODT's which are effectively the same thing.

Simply export or convert would be my thoughts also.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #145
macuso
macuso began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone4, Kindle
I instaled CR on my Kindle3, but I have a problem. I can't save the settings. I can change the settings but when I leave the settings dialog, the CR don't change anything. Also the Settings dialog don't have an OK and Cancel buttons. Please help.
macuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #146
CrazyCoder
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by macuso View Post
I instaled CR on my Kindle3, but I have a problem. I can't save the settings. I can change the settings but when I eave the settings dialog, the CR don't change anything. Also the Settings dialog don't have an OK and Cancel buttons. Please help.
Use the Home button to save, Back button acts as Cancel.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:02 AM   #147
CrazyCoder
Zealot

Cool Reader 3 for Kindle Paperwhite and Touch.

1. Follow the instructions from Collections Manager. Ensure it works on your device.
2. Download cr3-kindle-2012-10-04.zip, unpack, copy cr3, qtKindle, usrapp directories to the Kindle drive root. It's a base older version.
3. Download/clone GitHub repository.
4. From dist-kt folder copy all the files to Kindle (overwriting existing files from step 2). It's the most recent version update.
5. Run Cool Reader from the shelf.

Last edited by CrazyCoder; 03-04-2013 at 03:32 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:24 AM   #148
CrazyCoder
Zealot

Added Paperwhite brightness control, can set it to true zero (disables completely at level 0):

Old 11-03-2012, 04:24 AM   #149
CrazyCoder
Zealot

Touch zones configuration is now possible via data/touch.ini file.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #150
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Thank you so much! I love Coolreader, but where did I go wrong on the PW that causes a "not signed by an authorized developer" message? I did install Collections Manager and the Combined Developer Certificates bundle. Thanks for any help....
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote