Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-17-2008, 10:01 AM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
How to update the firmware from a Linux computer (and mac)

I use Linux on my main desktop, so I never use the companion software. So I do all my firmware updates manually.
  1. Download the latest firmware file: http://updates.irexnet.com/companion/dr1000/device.zip
  2. Extract the System directory to the root of your memory card
  3. Unmount you DR1000
  4. Unplug the USB cable. It will automatically detect the update and ask you if you want to install it. Select Yes.

It's as easy as that. No companion software necessary.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:16 AM   #2
pakiyabhai
Zealot
pakiyabhai began at the beginning.

Device: pakiyabhai
ps this method can be used on windows too , their companion software is really pathetic i've heard that
pakiyabhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2012, 06:04 AM   #3
picco
picco began at the beginning.

Device: none
I just did that on my brand new second hand DR1000S and all went well, it is really worth changing especially for the interface: panning and zooming is now much easier as you can click directly on the buttons, without opening the menu each time..
picco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:41 AM   #4
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
Congrats on your new device. You might be interested in the wiki page https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Digi...e_applications
in order to get additional apps.
Highly recommended: Mackx's patch that improves the latest and last firmware even further, here is the link to the latest version
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=266
Enjoy !
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote