Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-24-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Upgrading to an EE, anything different to expect?

I had a pocket edge since woot! and have loved every minute (except the waiting for it part). Now I got an EE on ebay that will arrive in a couple of weeks and I wanted to ask if I should be expecting anything radically different. I've been reading up on the subject and noticed a green tint in the camera in Ermine, is that universal? In addition, are there any other quirks I should know about? Any input is welcomed and appreciated.

Also, I will sell my PE on ebay and I was wondering if I should wait till I get the EE before I sell it or should I wait? I planned on backing up my PE on my laptop so I could easily upgrade, but can any of you guys and gals think of a reason I should hold out?

Now I play the waiting game once again
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:31 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi Mokel!

How exciting! I remember it well . . . the waiting, the anticipation, the fears . . . .

There are lots of differences, and unless you have a compelling reason to sell your PE I would suggest you hold on to it. For one thing, you might decide you "need" both!

The biggest problem I've had with my EE so far is the browser crashes. So far I have tried 3 browsers and they all crash. The biggest plus is the huge e-ink screen and readable web pages on the LCD.

In a way, the EE has made me like my PE even more! For one thing, I no longer ask my PE to do any serious work -- I have the EE for that now. I use the PE for shopping, light gaming, and reading when I'm out and the EE for reading at home and most else. The PE is a great help (side by side and over our LAN) in setting up the EE.

I just got my gelaskin for my EE and it is beautiful!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2011, 03:04 AM   #3
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
From what we seem to know right now, I'd make a point of MARKING ONE of the eDGe power adapters so you don't confuse them and use the PE adapter to try and charge the EE. Although it isn't confirmed that it could end badly, there is little point in trying it given the potential for negative results!
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:01 PM   #4
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
One difference that is beginning to annoy me () is that the stylus pocket is in a different place on the EE from the PE. PE it's at the top behind right-hand LCD screen and EE it's at the bottom. I keep trying to stick the stylus in the wrong place as I switch between them.

On the other hand, if you keep both you will have 2 styli.

When will your EE arrive??
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:51 PM   #5
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
I honestly do not know. According to the buyer, it will take about 2 weeks (it is coming from Canada). Also thank you both for the replies.
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2011, 09:48 AM   #6
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Sadly, green tint is pretty universal. You may find that the EE feels like a monster (size/weight/bulk) if you're coming from a PE, and instead of the little IR sensor, you should have a physical knobby mouse thingie. But it's a much larger writing/reading surface, and a lot more comparable to a netbook. As long as you don't have fantasies of using it with one hand standing on the subway, you should enjoy!
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:33 AM   #7
ken_jennings
eDGe User
ken_jennings has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Entourage eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokel22 View Post
Now I got an EE on ebay that will arrive in a couple of weeks and I wanted to ask if I should be expecting anything radically different. . . . (
You should expect the warm, fuzzy joy of much bigger eInk and LCD displays.

Seriously, I can't figure how people happily manage more than just reading on the tiny PE. The EE is large enough to be practical to review/annotate letter sized pages. My EE is only occasionally used for reading. The rest of the time it is being used for annotation and data capturing. For me the one-function dedicated eInk readers are close to boat anchors.
ken_jennings is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
differences, entourage edge, pocket edge