Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-19-2013, 07:33 AM   #1171
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Oh and custom font italics and bold.
They already added this in 2.4.6
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:01 AM   #1172
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
You're saying we can now add three separate font files (regular, bold, and italic) for the same custom font? Instead of being limited to one font-file only like before? Is there a naming convention that has to be followed to make it work?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2013, 08:34 AM   #1173
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
You're saying we can now add three separate font files (regular, bold, and italic) for the same custom font? Instead of being limited to one font-file only like before? Is there a naming convention that has to be followed to make it work?
This is a screenshot from Mantano on a Samsung Galaxy Note after selecting Amasis30 in Theme - edit - font family. Previously I copied these 4 files to the Mantano/fonts directory:

Amasis30.ttf
Amasis30-Italic.ttf
Amasis30-Bold.ttf
Amasis30-BoldItalic.ttf
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Amasis30.png
Views:	384
Size:	291.4 KB
ID:	115421  
Old 11-19-2013, 08:43 AM   #1174
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool! Is that documented anywhere, or did you just discover it?
Old 11-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #1175
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

It was hidden deep in the Release Notes for 2.4.6
Advert
Old 11-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #1176
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks. Can't wait to check it out!
Old 11-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #1177
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
OMG!!!!! *runs around the room screaming and scares the cats*

I have wanted this for years!!!
So now they need to add Time Left To Read and better font size jumps.

It seems once you get to a certain size it jumps too big to the next size. I wish it jump by 2% each time.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-19-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:31 AM   #1178
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay new version custom fonts are not working for me at all! I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

I choose the font in themes and click apply but nothing changes

This is on my Nexus 7.2 by the way. I'm going to try on SGP and see if works on there.

Works on the SGP but not on the Nexus 7.2
Same fonts files too.

Downgraded to 2.4.0 and custom fonts work again but of course custom italics and bold don't due to not being added yet.

UPDATE:
Okay here the weird thing. This was a fresh install on a new tablet that never had Mantano on it. I installed 2.4.6 Google Play edition. Custom fonts wont work. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice, restarting the tablet, deleting the Mantano folder and nothing. So I downgraded to 2.4.0 Amazon app store Edition and then uninstalled it and Upgraded to 2.4.6 Google Play Edition and now it works as it should!

So my guess is a fresh install isn't creating something that is needed to display custom fonts on the Nexus 7.2.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-21-2013 at 07:31 AM.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #1179
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
I can confirm that 2.4.5 seems to have fixed the problems I had. That M wouldn't start after a reboot. But I'll keep that 2.4.0 apk in store, just in case.

I don't use CC at all. I sync the folder tree with books on my Xoom from a folder tree on my NAS. And import from Mantano. And use the Mantano bookshelf to open books.

I never got any personal response back from Mantano support, to my error reports, but a fix can perhaps be seen as a better response.
... and it stopped working.

It seemed to slow down a little each time I opened Mantano. And after a while it was so slow that it didn't open at all. No idea why. Some cache that grew too big? It started to display the books, but failed to show some of them with the covers. Then it crashed.

I'm back to 2.4.0

Uninstalled first, but didn't delete the database and the books this time. Then installed 2.4.0. It worked great right away. So it seems to be something that was introduced after 2.4.0 that doesn't work correctly. Something that 2.4.0 just ignores.

Last edited by Adoby; 11-26-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #1180
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

2.4.6 still ticking along fine here. I don't have but 10 or so books on it, but no problems so far.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #1181
barba
Enthusiast
barba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kindle Touch, Paperwhite 1 and Nook HD+ rooted
Zoom in

In PDF when I swipe up or down Moon+ reader zoom in.

How I can disable this?

Thank you in advance.
barba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #1182
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by barba View Post
In PDF when I swipe up or down Moon+ reader zoom in.

How I can disable this?

Thank you in advance.
Under settings/ gestures
Old 12-10-2013, 11:04 AM   #1183
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Version 2.4.7 is out. I don't know any specifics, but I know it seems to open quicker and all my books are immediately displayed. Before this version, I would often see "No Books" upon opening and then they'd appear after a delay.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #1184
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Version 2.4.7 is out. I don't know any specifics, but I know it seems to open quicker and all my books are immediately displayed. Before this version, I would often see "No Books" upon opening and then they'd appear after a delay.
I'm still waiting for 2.4.6 to show up in the Amazon app store for my kindle Fire.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #1185
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'm still waiting for 2.4.6 to show up in the Amazon app store for my kindle Fire.
Yeah, I don't know what the problem is, but the Mantano folks really seem to have issues keeping their app up to date at Amazon. At first I thought it meant Amazon was slow at clearing new versions of apps, but many other dev's don't seem to have the same problem.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote