Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-24-2011, 03:03 AM   #1
pookakitten
Connoisseur
pookakitten began at the beginning.

Device: K5
Question CBC -> EPUB Table of Contents

Here's how my Sony PRS-300 (Pocket) creates the table of contents when I convert from a CBC to an EPUB:

Chapter 1
-Page 1
-Page 2
Chapter 2
-Page 3
-Page 4

Is it possible to eliminate the table of contents entries at the second level, aka only have it show the chapters in the TOC?

I tried using a LRF file and it had no TOC at all.

Thanks for any help you can give, even if it's to say "nope, that's just the nature of the beast."
pookakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:26 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pookakitten View Post
Is it possible to eliminate the table of contents entries at the second level, aka only have it show the chapters in the TOC?
Open the ePub in Sigil, go to tools - TOC editor and uncheck unwanted entries then save.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #3
pookakitten
Connoisseur

Thanks for the help.

Here's the problem with that solution: No TOC is recognized by Sigil (ver 0.3.4) as shown in the attached screencapture, Sigil.jpg.

This part of the TOC as seen by Calibre's internal ebook viewer, Calibre.jpg. Calibre is the current version.

Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sigil.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	67283   Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	67284  
Old 02-24-2011, 12:42 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thanks for the help.

Here's the problem with that solution: No TOC is recognized by Sigil (ver 0.3.4) as shown in the attached screencapture, Sigil.jpg.

This part of the TOC as seen by Calibre's internal ebook viewer, Calibre.jpg. Calibre is the current version.

Any ideas?
The current Sigil ONLY recognizes H tags to build a TOC . That is why it (deleted any existing, created other ways) entries. Never SAVE in Sigil if you see NO TOC, when you know there was one, or you will wipe it out.

In Calibr.
You can use 'T' (tweak-EPUB) and Notepad++ (or any good TEXT editor) to cut out the excess from the NCX, and put the package back with ease.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:11 PM   #5
pookakitten
Connoisseur

Thanks so much!

I didn't save in Sigil just used it to demonstrate. If it's not broke, don't touch it.

I've attached the ncx file in a zip file. What items do I take out? I'm not a programmer nor have any experience dealing with xml.

Is there any way to tell Calibre how I want the TOC created when it converts the file? Work smarter, not harder and all that.
Attached Files
File Type: zip toc.zip (7.7 KB, 266 views)
Advert
Old 02-24-2011, 01:29 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There's an option to do that in the next calibre release, under Comic Input
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:30 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thanks so much!

I didn't save in Sigil just used it to demonstrate. If it's not broke, don't touch it.

I've attached the ncx file in a zip file. What items do I take out? I'm not a programmer nor have any experience dealing with xml.

Is there any way to tell Calibre how I want the TOC created when it converts the file? Work smarter, not harder and all that.
A 'typical' 'unwanted' entry (if I understand you correctly)

Code:
 <navPoint class="chapter" id="6ae102f0-8679-4c0a-9589-976a4d49152d" playOrder="1">
        <navLabel>
          <text>Page 1</text>
        </navLabel>
        <content src="comic_1/page_1_u4.xhtml"/>
      </navPoint>
You will probably need to re-sequence (consecutively) the play order.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:21 PM   #8
pookakitten
Connoisseur

Everyone, thanks so much for the help. I'll wait until the next release for the improved functionality.