Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-16-2016, 11:07 AM   #46
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
One of my least favorite activities is organizing digital files. I have photos, ebooks, music, some videos and an overabundance of digital scrapbooking supplies, in addition to whatever files I create and save.

I mostly manage using the Windows file structure and organize all my media that way. For my books, I sometimes use Calibre to try to sort my books all in one place, but Calibre isn't intuitive to my workflow and I get frustrated with it in a short time and exit out.

Honestly, the (discontinued and unsupported) Sony Reader software works the best for me as far as organizing my books; these days they all go into there, and I use Calibre when I need a conversion. At some point I'm going to replace my computer and I suspect I won't be able to take the Sony software with me; I don't know what I'll do then. Learn to get along better with Calibre, I suppose.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote