Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-04-2011, 09:47 AM   #1
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
How to convert stardict dictionary?

I'm currently looking for bulgarian (to english or german), turkish (to english or german) and portuguese (to portuguese or english) dictionaries, with not much luck. The only candidates are some stardict dictionaries which I can't find out how to convert. The automatically translated german directions I've got say something about using makezd.exe to convert it to a format the converter will recognize, but I can't get makezd to work, and I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to be doing with it. Has anyone converted a stardict dictionary successfully, and how?

Also, alternative sources of bulgarian, turkish or portuguese dictionaries will be much appreciated
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:00 PM   #2
sbilek
sbilek has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: kindle 3 wifi
hi i have found on net babylon turkish-english dict which i use on my kindle 3wifi. it can work for you. a prc file; here is the link http://rapidshare.com/files/27717964...Dictionary.prc

if you want more turkish source i can find or send you. i have a lot of turkish books. i have TDK turkish to turkish dict. etc...

Last edited by sbilek; 01-15-2011 at 06:07 PM.
sbilek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:41 AM   #3
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Thank you sbilek. I downloaded the prc dictionary but I'm still at a loss about how I could (if I can at all) convert it to a useful format for the pocketbook.

Now here's another dictionary question, maybe this one will be easier to answer....

Is it possible to edit a completed dictionary? What I specifically would like to do is edit the morphems file. I have a couple of french dictionaries which tend to think worlds like "l'edition" should be read as "ledition" and not "edition". I need to get rid of this initial l, or sometimes d. Any ideas?
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 05:10 PM   #4
ferox99
ferox99 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook
Does anyone have english-turkish dictionary to share?
ferox99 is offline   Reply With Quote