Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-27-2012, 10:42 AM   #1
OverHaze
Connoisseur
OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Air 2
Kobo Glo not properly saving position (2.3.1)

Having a bit of a problem with my Glo. Every time I leave a non-Kepub ebook it doesn't reopen on the right page. Depending on the book it can jump back by anything from one to five pages. If you leave and then reopen the book multiple times it will keep skipping backwards until it hits the beginning of the chapter. I did a factory reset to see if that would sort it but unfortunately it made no difference.

This bug has only popped up since I updated to 2.3.1. Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas what might be causing it?

Thanks.
OverHaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
See this thread for your answer...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=200668
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
And the answer is...don't use 2.3.1!
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
OverHaze
Connoisseur
OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Air 2
Thanks! Guess there is nothing for it than to wait for a fix. To be honest this hole kepub epub split engine thing is starting to annoy the heck out of me.
OverHaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #5
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverHaze View Post
Thanks! Guess there is nothing for it than to wait for a fix. To be honest this hole kepub epub split engine thing is starting to annoy the heck out of me.
Me too. If nothing else, it must diviide the development resources available at Kobo to get things fixed and to make enhancements.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:02 AM   #6
voidoid
Connoisseur
voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
Me too. If nothing else, it must diviide the development resources available at Kobo to get things fixed and to make enhancements.
I just wish that Kobo would completely forget about any and all "enhancements" until they remove all the bugs -- at least the serious ones. It must really be hurting their business. Year ago Apple realised that their operating system was too difficult to fix so they bought and modified a better one -- neXt-step if I remember correctly. Maybe Kobo should ditch the whole OS and do a complete rewrite. After all, my digital TV is a complicated electronic product and it isn't riddled with bugs like Kobo's devices are.
voidoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:26 AM   #7
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
A good question would be - which ereaders are relatively bug-free?
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:19 AM   #8
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma
I'm suffering from this bug too and it is a royal pain. I also seem to be getting the text-goes-smaller bug more often now and both are starting to drive me mad. I didn't realise that when I innocently plugged my new Kobo into my PC on Christmas morning it was downloading some fairly broken firmware.
Liesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:21 AM   #9
Hotbill
Hotbill began at the beginning.

Device: none
Pour moi, les pdf ne peuvent plus être lus en mode zoomés. Il manque le bord des pages sur quelques centimètres. Après avoir contacté Kobo et fait le reset comme ils me l'ont dit (j'ai essayé 3 fois), ils m'ont dit qu'ils ne pouvaient rien y faire et qu'il fallait ne pas installer la dernière mise à jour si je voulais continuer à lire mes pdf et de les tenir au courant si ça marchait (ce qui est le cas). Maintenant ils disent travailler dessus... Sauf que je ne peux plus me connecter au wifi ou au logiciel car les mises à jour se font toutes seules.
Hotbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #10
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Coming back for sleeping, a couple of times my Glo has gone to the last internal page of the previous page (by number).

However, generally I don't have the return to wrong page problem.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:03 AM   #11
voidoid
Connoisseur
voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
A good question would be - which ereaders are relatively bug-free?
A very good question. I once owned a Sony PRS-505 and it had relatively few bugs and hardly every crashed. Mind you -- it didn't do as much as the Kobo. When I first plugged it in it updated the firmware and that was the last update that they did for the 3 years that I used it for.

Maybe Kobo should update carefully every 6 months or so instead of carelessly every 6 weeks or so.
voidoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:38 AM   #12
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
The failure of the firmware to remember the page is a pain the a, and irks me enormously at the moment.

Grrrr .....
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:13 AM   #13
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
The failure of the firmware to remember the page is a pain the a, and irks me enormously at the moment.

Grrrr .....
Hence why I am considering which brands have the best reputation for software quality. My next ereader may not be a Kobo the way they are going.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:18 AM   #14
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Jusmee I consider that Kobo firmware is Work in Progress.

At some point it may become quite good
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:08 AM   #15
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post

Grrrr .....
Yes it is quite annoying.
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote