Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #1
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
Embarrassing CSS/HTML question...

would the following element:

Code:
body {
page-break-before:always
}
work? I'm thinking largely of MOBI conversions (not KF8) in calibre from epub which display in calibre as one continuous block of text (whether or not you tell the conversion dialogue to break before <h1> tags), but just generally I'm also curious as to whether this is a functional <body> style. I realize this is in large part a calibre question, but since a) the code is being implemented in Sigil, and b) i'm inclined to refer to you guys whenever CSS or RegEx is a question.... well, here it is.
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMiko View Post
would the following element:

Code:
body {
page-break-before:always
}
work? I'm thinking largely of MOBI conversions (not KF8) in calibre from epub which display in calibre as one continuous block of text (whether or not you tell the conversion dialogue to break before <h1> tags), but just generally I'm also curious as to whether this is a functional <body> style. I realize this is in large part a calibre question, but since a) the code is being implemented in Sigil, and b) i'm inclined to refer to you guys whenever CSS or RegEx is a question.... well, here it is.
I don't think the Body is a good place.
Pagebreak... is supposed to apply to a Block (display: block; ) level, so if you have No blocks where you want a forced break...
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #3
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I don't think the Body is a good place.
Pagebreak... is supposed to apply to a Block (display: block; ) level, so if you have No blocks where you want a forced break...
again, stupid question alert, but what's the clause between the ellipses and the forehead slap?
Old 09-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMiko View Post
again, stupid question alert, but what's the clause between the ellipses and the forehead slap?
That declares the selector is to be treated as a (separate) Block
BTW this is the typical Caliber Body style (I fiddle the font-size) I get for my PEZ
Code:
.calibre {
    display: block;
    font-size: 1.2em;
    margin-bottom: 0;
    margin-left: 2pt;
    margin-right: 16pt;
    margin-top: 0;
    page-break-before: always;
    text-align: justify
    }
I guess this proves that a body tag can have a Page Break.
I do choose to use a file per chapter.

If you make you Chapter Head a Block with Page Break there, it should work
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #5
ElMiko
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
That declares the selector is to be treated as a (separate) Block
BTW this is the typical Caliber Body style (I fiddle the font-size) I get for my PEZ
Code:
.calibre {
    display: block;
    font-size: 1.2em;
    margin-bottom: 0;
    margin-left: 2pt;
    margin-right: 16pt;
    margin-top: 0;
    page-break-before: always;
    text-align: justify
    }
I guess this proves that a body tag can have a Page Break.
I do choose to use a file per chapter. (elmiko's emphasis)

If you make you Chapter Head a Block with Page Break there, it should work
re: the bolded text— ME TOO! For reasons of temporary psychosis, I used to balk at creating a file per chapter (particularly on short chapters), but fortunately it's a hangup i managed to overcome. The problem is that, for some reason, a conversion to the old MOBI format doesn't honor file breaks as implicit page breaks (KF8 does, though). All I'm trying to do is ensure that if someone converts my epub to the old MOBI it'll automatically break where it's supposed to. Since I do use a body style similar to the one you copied above, I'll just tack on the page-break attribute. Thanks for the help! (... I knew I was asking in the right place!)