Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
rdanaitis
rdanaitis began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Kobo Reader desktop will not load on my computer.

I need help loading the Kobo app on my computer. When I run Kobo Desktop Setup it stops at Execute:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Kobo|drivers\dpinst64.exe" and I get the message USB Driver could not be installed. I have a Windows7 64 system. There is nothing wrong with my USB ports so I don't understand why I'm having this problem. I would appreciate any suggestions to correct this problem.
rdanaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:25 AM   #2
GoingDown
Zealot
GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Touch
I am using it successfully on Win7 64-bit system so the program should work. What version you have installed?
GoingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:43 AM   #3
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Just a thought on it, I use a Mac so cannot try this

Do you have admin rights with your userid on windows ?

If not try right clicking the installer and selecting run as administrator (or similar)

It could be failing because you don't have rights to install USB drivers
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #4
rdanaitis
rdanaitis began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
I'm using Windows 7 64 service patch 2. I've run the setup program as an administrator but still get the same problem. It just will not load the Kobo USB driver. Maybe it's the recent Microsft service patch that is the problem?
rdanaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:21 AM   #5
Timaru
Timaru began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I have the same problem on Win Vista 32. Simply cannot load the Kobo desktop because of a USB driver failure. Did you manage to resolve your problem?
Timaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #6
Dazzrazz
Dazzrazz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wi Fi E Reader
Hi, I have just purchased my Kobo WiFi E Reader and am having exactly the same problem.Have MS Vista 7 64 bit and the Kobo Desktop installer gets as far as installing the USB Driver and then stops with the Message (USB driver could not be installed )
Help would be really appreciated.
Dazzrazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:49 AM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Do check out your Firewall and see if that is the issue.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:11 AM   #8
Dazzrazz
Dazzrazz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wi Fi E Reader
Thanks Tamer, have tried that. No go.

Regards DazzRazz
Dazzrazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:51 AM   #9
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
connect the kobo to your computer
go into device manager
do any of the usb devices have an exclamation mark next to them? (thinking it finds kobo but has no driver for it)
click on the kobo under usb, go into properties and manually try updating driver, then try installing software
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote