Notices

Old 11-11-2011, 08:57 AM   #1
Khan-Dam
Enthusiast
Khan-Dam began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle 3, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura
Smile Calibre Conversion to .mobi and Title

Hi,

I'm french and I've recently buy Kindle K4 to read some books, before i use iPad + iBook (ePub format ) but i want to use twice and continue to manage same books with calibre.

The Conversion ePub 2 mobi work very fine, but i have a little troubleshoot :
the title used in the kindle is an EXTH Data called UpdatedTitle ( code 503 ). Calibre fill it with the same as title book on converion. On the Kindle we can use Collections and if i use this feature the books are not in order of series. so i would use a special format like "# Title" so if i sort by name my serie was always sort correctly by number.

I Try to change the EXTH Data in mobi file with mobi2mobi Gui but they handle very strangly accents. i suspect the using batch with using command interpretor was a probleme because they dont use same codepage. so i try directly with perl mobi3mobi without any good result alwys accent probleme. i return in methode using calibre but if i convert and modifying metadata manualy on the conversion dialogue box, the metadata for the rest was changed. and i must rechange manualy after conversion.

I create a special user field for handling collection with "Kindle collection" plugg-in, does it possible to modify the convertion for mobi to use like "kindle collection" a defined field. By default title was used if other field was affected the converion use this fields.

I've create a special user field with "## Name" if serie_index defined otherwise "Name" used alone but i can't send in the updatedTitle with out changing calibre or some plug-in ?

is there possible to obtain a modification a this level ?

Thanks in advance
Khan-Dam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:16 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan-Dam View Post
is there possible to obtain a modification a this level ?
I think using the metadata plugboards might accomplish what you want to do.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
Khan-Dam
Enthusiast

Ok Thank you so much !

you save my life on this stuff

it's working for me
the rule of plugboard used in transfert between pc and kindle not on generation of mobi it's fine for me.

Just don't know to affect for "kindle 4" not in the the list ! i choose any mobi - device -> But for me just one device who read mobi so dont have trouble.

the second thing is : i use this "template" : {series_index:0>2s|#| }{Title}
does it possible to parametrize "2s" with the number of digit of the greatest series_index in the serie ?

thanks in advance
Old 11-11-2011, 10:41 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
the second thing is : i use this "template" : {series_index:0>2s|#| }{Title}
does it possible to parametrize "2s" with the number of digit of the greatest series_index in the serie ?
I don't have the knowledge, but this section of the manual might help.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:05 PM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
I think you are asking if the template can know the maximum series_index in the series, so that the output can be "book 3 of 7" where "3" is the series_index and "7" is the maximum series_index in that series. It's not possible. Templates work one book at a time. The template as applied to book 3 doesn't have any idea what's in the metadata fields of the other books. Specifically, it doesn't know if there are any other books in that series with a higher series_index. You could do this with code to fill a custom column with the max for each series, but it would take some work and you'd need to run it regularly to keep it correct.

I hate saying it can't be done, as most of the time, Charles knows how to do it, or will write code to do it, but I also hate not answering when I'm pretty sure I know the answer.

Last edited by Starson17; 11-11-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:56 PM   #6
Khan-Dam
Enthusiast

thanks for this answer
Old 11-11-2011, 09:26 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I think you are asking if the template can know the maximum series_index in the series, so that the output can be "book 3 of 7" where "3" is the series_index and "7" is the maximum series_index in that series. It's not possible. Templates work one book at a time. The template as applied to book 3 doesn't have any idea what's in the metadata fields of the other books. Specifically, it doesn't know if there are any other books in that series with a higher series_index. You could do this with code to fill a custom column with the max for each series, but it would take some work and you'd need to run it regularly to keep it correct.

I hate saying it can't be done, as most of the time, Charles knows how to do it, or will write code to do it, but I also hate not answering when I'm pretty sure I know the answer.
I don't think Chaley has invented the crystal ball plugin to determine when a series has ended (if it ever ends ) or what to do with the 'series within a series' that some folk keep asking Calibre to track.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:43 AM   #8
Khan-Dam
Enthusiast

just know if function maxof( serie_index ) for serie existe ! but seems that language handle only 1 row not all database.

Thanks a lot for all to all
Old 11-12-2011, 12:06 PM   #9
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
but seems that language handle only 1 row not all database.
Correct. To compare rows, you need to write code and use it as a plugin or with calibre-debug and the "e" or "c" options.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
.mobi, calibre, conversion