Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 11-17-2022, 09:26 AM   #1
airbus02
Enthusiast
airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle pw3
battery or charging problem?

I connected my Likebook Mars to the charger and I'm getting a screen with an image of the charging cable, a triangle with an exclamation mark inside, and the battery with a line drawn through the battery. I suspect it may be telling me that I have a dead battery. I've tried 2 different chargers, so my guess is that's not the issue. I can't find any reference to this particular warning.

Does anyone know for sure?

If it is a dead battery, has anyone changed one before? How hard is it to get the body of the device apart?
airbus02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 09:53 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
It seems to pop open. Try a guitar puck, plastic knife or "plastic gadget opening tool".
Either the battery is very flat (leave for 4 hours), or dead.

I've not opened mine but it popped open on one edge when dropped. I've opened Android tablets and some ereaders to change batteries, or out of curiosity and it was a matter of levering out the half without the tab clips enough to start it coming apart.

You can only replace an actually dead battery.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 10:09 AM   #3
airbus02
Enthusiast
airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Thanks, glad to hear that it might not be that hard to take the Likebook apart.

I'm not sure what you mean by "You can only replace a dead battery"

does anyone out ther know for sure what the triang and exclamation mark with the crossed out battery icon means?
Old 11-17-2022, 11:29 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus02 View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by "You can only replace an actually dead battery"
A really dead Lithium cell can't be recharged, only replaced.
A "flat" battery is one that charges. Calling a battery of any technology "dead" implies it won't take a charge.
1) Trying hard to charge a dead lead acid cell may simply produce oxygen and hydrogen. Same is the case with continuing to charge a fully charged lead acid.
2) Dead NiCd or NiMH cells may get slightly warm at recommended trickle charge. A high power rapid charger needs to detect this or the battery will rupture.
3) Force charging a dead Lithium cell directly (used in laptops, tablets, phones, ereaders and some tools) may cause it to burn explosively and violently. The built in chargers or external chargers for removable/interchangeable packs will not force charge; usually a warning LED flashes or a fault symbol is displayed.

There are other less common rechargeable batteries based on silver, sulphur or iron. I don't know much about them.
Old 11-17-2022, 03:46 PM   #5
airbus02
Enthusiast

thanks for the explanation1
Old 11-18-2022, 09:42 AM   #6
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
The following battery specifications for the Boyue Likebook Mars I've got are from a previous post:

TB00-WIFT-V01 polymer bond ion battery
Battery model: H3075102P
Charging limit voltage: 4.35V Implementation standard: GB31241-2014
Nominal voltage: 3.8V
Rated capacity: 3100mAh
Manufacturer: Dongguan Dada Electronic Technology Co., Ltd.
Do not disassemble and damage the battery
Do not put the battery into the fire
The battery is forbidden to use after 15 00 20180/10 w
Rerepcs SRO Rockchip BH1 91U-0 2 E213371 SEC R41 IGE w .54Y115 ererev brisisloAK EDTEKC U257 LENT4305 (R20 LF ENSRLSTMera4DAL itttr.

Kind regards,
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 12:57 PM   #7
airbus02
Enthusiast

Thanks! This turned up,but it doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...andl_shipto=US
Old 11-23-2022, 02:30 PM   #8
Incanus
Incanus

Question

It does looks kind of iffy... but then again, it's not like there's optioons galore on these parts.

If you go for it, please comment on your experience after replacement.
Old 12-12-2022, 06:03 PM   #9
airbus02
Enthusiast

I ordered one, but the delivery is taking a while.
Old 12-21-2022, 05:45 PM   #10
airbus02
Enthusiast

The battery came to the east coast of the U.S. 32 days from order. It was quite easy to get the case off (one nice thing about having a reader that's not IP rated). Getting the case back on was a little harder. The crossed out battery screen definitely meant that I needed to replace my battery, because my Mars started working again immediately.

It came with a 61% battery level and is charging appropriately. I have no idea if it's really 3500 mah, but so far, so good. Except for the label, the Rograpo battery looks exactly like the original Boyue battery. I have no idea if it'll hold up. Will report back in a while when I get a better sense of that. There's also a company on ali express with a Likebook Mars battery that's supposed to be 4000 mah for more or less the same price. I might have tried that one, but if this one is anywhere close to the original capacity and proves to be reliable, I'll be happy.

I'd originally purchased the Mars with the hope that I could type with it. It sort of works for that, but I wouldn't recommend it for writing. I still find that it's good for editing and it meets my needs as an e-reader, especially at the beach or on planes.
Old 12-21-2022, 05:58 PM   #11
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Jota (free Android Text editor) sort of works. You can improve by settings.
BT KB and also I changed the default touch keyboard.
Old 12-21-2022, 07:21 PM   #12
airbus02
Enthusiast

I actually use Markor Quick Write which is pretty similar to Jota. My favorite was Jotter Pad until the developers screwed it up trying to better monetize their app.
Old 01-06-2023, 01:40 PM   #13
airbus02
Enthusiast

As I mentioned, I don't have any way to know what the actual capacity of the aliexpress battery is, but I've now had several long reading sessions with it, done some online downloading, etc. My guess is that it's pretty close to 3400-3500 mah. For one, it's heavier than the original. Second, battery drain is noticeably, though not dramatically, slower than the original. It''s 10 to 13 dollars cheaper thean the one that ships from the U.S. and I'm pretty sure it has a higher capacity for real. I can't guarantee that anyone else will have the same experience, but the only downside for me was waiting 32 days to get it.
Old 02-16-2023, 01:22 PM   #14
Incanus
Incanus

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus02 View Post
It''s 10 to 13 dollars cheaper thean the one that ships from the U.S. and I'm pretty sure it has a higher capacity for real. I can't guarantee that anyone else will have the same experience, but the only downside for me was waiting 32 days to get it.
Could you please post the links for both alternatives?

Thanks in advance,
Old 02-17-2023, 10:33 AM   #15
airbus02
Enthusiast

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...andl_shipto=US