Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #61
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valmore Daniels View Post
I've set "Forbidden The Stars" as 'permafree' in as many retailers as possible to commemorate the completion of the trilogy.
Thanks. How long did it take you to write the trilogy?
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #62
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I started working up a short story idea in 1981 called "The Quanta", which is essentially one of the last chapters of "Forbidden The Stars". Ten years later, I began to outline the novel, finishing the first draft in 1993, but continued tinkering with it for the next two decades, releasing it in 2010.

I'd always had a trilogy in my mind, and I began outlining and writing "Music of the Spheres" April 2011, releasing it December 2011.

I started drafting "Worlds Away" early June 2012.

Basically, the trilogy took 32 years from inception to completion, though the vast bulk of it was written over the past two-and-a-half years.

Thank you for your interest!
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #63
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I started working up a short story idea in 1981 called "The Quanta", which is essentially one of the last chapters of "Forbidden The Stars". Ten years later, I began to outline the novel, finishing the first draft in 1993, but continued tinkering with it for the next two decades, releasing it in 2010.

I'd always had a trilogy in my mind, and I began outlining and writing "Music of the Spheres" April 2011, releasing it December 2011.

I started drafting "Worlds Away" early June 2012.

Basically, the trilogy took 32 years from inception to completion, though the vast bulk of it was written over the past two-and-a-half years.

Thank you for your interest!
Thanks. I think it's interesting how a story can evolve over time. Tolkien was another writer I can think of who took his time while developing what in his case may or may not be a trilogy. I picked up the 1st book today and no doubt will go on to get the 2nd and 3rd parts later. It looks like an interesting story.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #64
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, crich! I hope you enjoy the story.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #65
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer

If anyone has read and enjoyed any of "The Interstellar Age" titles, I encourage you to leave a review at the retailer where you obtained your copy. Such reviews help encourage other readers to discover new worlds through the books.

Thank you in advance!
Old 03-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #66
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer

Scientists have confirmed the existence of the Higgs Boson. It looks as if the realm of science fiction is rapidly turning into science fact.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #67
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer

Now you can start "The Interstellar Age" saga for free. "Forbidden The Stars" is $0.00 at most retailers. Full links at www.valmoredaniels.com
Old 04-11-2014, 11:23 AM   #68
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer

Just contracted with Dave Wright to narrate the audiobook version of Forbidden The Stars. It should be released through Audible sometime in June.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:54 PM   #69
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Just contracted with Dave Wright to narrate the audiobook version of Forbidden The Stars. It should be released through Audible sometime in June.
Congratulations Valmore.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:58 PM   #70
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer

Thank you, crich!
Old 05-02-2014, 05:24 PM   #71
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer

Audiobook production on "Forbidden The Stars" is complete ahead of time. The narration from Dave Wright is outstanding. (I've contracted him to produce "Music Of The Spheres" next.)

The audiobook is currently going through quality control, and should be available in two to three weeks.

Here's the link to the squared cover:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rrUkrXTgVN...book.Cover.jpg

Tags
hard sf, high tech, science fiction, scifi, space opera