Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-03-2020, 01:54 PM   #46
Gordo29
Connoisseur
Gordo29 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo-1st Porcelain 2nd Black, Touch, Aura, now Libra H2O
Update Rollout?

I've tried to update to the new firmware on my Libra H20 but neither through wifi or online does it happen. I guess it is being rolled out slowly?
Gordo29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 01:57 PM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
As the line-spacing patch is not working with the new update, I'm going to skip for now. Not particularly interested in the new series tab or other stuff in this update anyway. I'll probably update if the devs get the line-patch to work (very grateful for all their efforts).
The 10 value line spacing works. Just change some of the values to the ones you use.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2020, 01:59 PM   #48
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo29 View Post
I've tried to update to the new firmware on my Libra H20 but neither through wifi or online does it happen. I guess it is being rolled out slowly?
Change your affiliate to bestbuyca and you'll be able to update with a sync.
Old 03-03-2020, 02:26 PM   #49
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
Honestly, the new series tab is nice but the thing I'm most excited about is how fast moving between tabs has become. I have a big library (2800 books more or less on my Libra) organized in about 550+ collections and whenever I had to go to the Authors or Collections tab I ended up waiting at least 20 seconds if not more for everything to load - it's gone down to a couple of seconds now. Really happy about this.
OMG, THIS.

I had given up long ago ever having the instantaneous response I used to have when I had first gotten my Glo HD back in 2016 and had a really small collection. It's still not instantaneous, but switching between things is still orders of magnitude faster than on 4.19 and earlier. I don't know if they've optimized a few loops or are using a new toolchain or different compile options or something, but maybe 4.20 really should be called the BLAZE IT edition, lol.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 03:38 PM   #50
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo29 View Post
I didn't get it when I synced last night on my Kobo Clara purchased from Walmart. My recollection is I got the previous update a day or two later than the first people who posted on Mobileread.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2020, 04:00 PM   #51
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtiangha View Post
OMG, THIS.

I had given up long ago ever having the instantaneous response I used to have when I had first gotten my Glo HD back in 2016 and had a really small collection. It's still not instantaneous, but switching between things is still orders of magnitude faster than on 4.19 and earlier. I don't know if they've optimized a few loops or are using a new toolchain or different compile options or something, but maybe 4.20 really should be called the BLAZE IT edition, lol.
Agreed!
I've also updated the series information for my sideloaded books with the Kobo Utilities plugin and I'm happy to say that even with all the series I have (60 pages?) access to that tab is still very snappy. And now that I think about it, this means I don't need to put series into a collection anymore... which would reduce the number of collections I have to just the tags and make things even faster! (and much better organized)

In the meantime, I've also tried the new highlighting function and I'm positively impressed by that as well.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 04:15 PM   #52
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
In the meantime, I've also tried the new highlighting function and I'm positively impressed by that as well.
I agree. I tried highlighting with ePub and it's much better and snappier. It's a lot easier to use. I rather like it now.
Old 03-03-2020, 05:28 PM   #53
mg10
Connoisseur
mg10 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW, Kobo Aura One
No series in My books > Series

If I go to My books > Series, the screen is empty: "You have no series yet". However, I can see them in the list of My boks > books. In this menu I can see the series information. Any suggestion?

Thanks
mg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 05:41 PM   #54
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg10 View Post
If I go to My books > Series, the screen is empty: "You have no series yet". However, I can see them in the list of My boks > books. In this menu I can see the series information. Any suggestion?

Thanks
If you use Calibre, update the Kobo Utilities plugin and plug in your Kobo. Otherwise (you can still do this if you use Calibre), run the latest version of seriesmeta (it's part of kepubify).
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 06:13 PM   #55
mg10
Connoisseur
mg10 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
If you use Calibre, update the Kobo Utilities plugin and plug in your Kobo. Otherwise (you can still do this if you use Calibre), run the latest version of seriesmeta (it's part of kepubify).
Thanks. I've updated the plugin to 2.11.0 (I think it's the last one). I don't know if I must configure something else in Calibre.
I've just run seriesmeta and it was ok. Thanks so much.

Last edited by mg10; 03-03-2020 at 06:25 PM.
mg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 06:24 PM   #56
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg10 View Post
Thanks. I've updated the plugin to 2.11.0 (I think it's the last one). I don't know if I must configure something else in Calibre.
No, just run the Metadata update function and make sure the series option is selected. Or wait for the next calibre release which will have the update in the driver.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 04:33 AM   #57
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
I tried that, but it did not seem to work. When selecting the "Update Metadata" option on the plugin menu, no feedback (like "updating...") was obtained either.

I'm using epubs, not kepubs, perhaps that's the reason?
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 05:38 AM   #58
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
I tried that, but it did not seem to work. When selecting the "Update Metadata" option on the plugin menu, no feedback (like "updating...") was obtained either.

Did you have the device connected and books selected that are on the device? If you did, it will display the options. If the are no books selected that are on the device, it doesn't do anything. When you press OK on the dialog, it will show a progress bar and display counts of what was done at the end.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 05:45 AM   #59
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post

All I have are ePub on my H2O and I did use Kobo Utilites to update the series information. You have to first select all the eBooks that are on your reader and then you can select the option to update the metadata. All I chose was to update the series info.
Old 03-04-2020, 06:48 AM   #60
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Ok, the selection did the trick
I guess I somehow thought that the recognized books on the device automagically already represented somehow a selection, which could be updated.
Thanks for the pointers
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote