Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #1
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
Smashwords distributing to Flipkart in India

Smashwords is now distributing to Flipkart in India. I wonder how books will do there.
http://blog.smashwords.com/2013/08/s...ebooks-to.html

Quote:
Flipkart.com is India’s largest online marketplace. They serve 10 million registered users, one million daily visitors, and offer products in over 17 different categories. Our friends at Flipkart tell me that according to Nielsen BookScan Retail Panel data, Flipkart holds 80% market share for online book sales in India, and holds 40-45% market share for all trade book sales across brick and mortar AND online.

Last edited by John Carroll; 08-29-2013 at 05:14 PM. Reason: typo
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #2
Rachel E. Rice
Rachel E. Rice began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Does anyone know the type of books that demographic will want to read?
Rachel E. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #3
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel E. Rice View Post
Does anyone know the type of books that demographic will want to read?
Per the post:

Quote:
125 million Indians speak English, twice the 61 million English speakers in the UK, quadruple the 33 million in Canada, and about six times the 22 million in Australia. Source. I don’t have data on English literacy, or the number of English readers, though our friends at Flipkart tell me about 80% of their book sales are English language books.
As far as genre goes, I didn't find any info on that.

Off topic: I see that you're new here, Rachel. Welcome. You should introduce yourself to the forums: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1410

Last edited by John Carroll; 08-29-2013 at 05:30 PM. Reason: expanded answer
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flipkart, india, smashwords