Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

View Poll Results: Which colour Kindle 3G are you ordering?
White 14 10.37%
Graphite 121 89.63%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2010, 07:09 AM   #31
rapidblue
Connoisseur
rapidblue began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 / Kindle Voyage / Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verres View Post
Well, you only get the option to choose between colours for the 3G/ Wifi model. The Wifi only Kindle is graphite only. I ordered mine in graphite because so many people with the KindleDX said the new colour helps with contrast. Also when i asked my gf about it she told me that white is sooo a thing of the past decade... So i didn't really have a choice in that matter
True, the wi-fi model is only available in graphite. That's why I asked in the poll and topic heading which colour will you be buying your 3G one in
rapidblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:28 AM   #32
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!
captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Tab S 8.4", Samsung S6 Edge
Graphite for me - birthday in October so may wait.......but to be honest I'm hurting already having not pre-ordered gawd knows if I will last until October!
captkjaneway is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2010, 09:35 AM   #33
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Ordered one graphite 3G and one white 3G.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:38 AM   #34
rapidblue
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by captkjaneway View Post
Graphite for me - birthday in October so may wait.......but to be honest I'm hurting already having not pre-ordered gawd knows if I will last until October!
Looks like you are going to have to wait till September - first batch of pre-orders are sold out... http://wp.me/p1uKb-6N
Old 08-02-2010, 09:39 AM   #35
rapidblue
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Ordered one graphite 3G and one white 3G.
Woaw!!! Lucky you!! Will you please do a comparison between the white and graphite when you receive them?
Advert
Old 08-02-2010, 09:40 AM   #36
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!
captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Tab S 8.4", Samsung S6 Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidblue View Post
Looks like you are going to have to wait till September - first batch of pre-orders are sold out... http://wp.me/p1uKb-6N
I know even that pains me lol
captkjaneway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:27 AM   #37
rapidblue
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by captkjaneway View Post
I know even that pains me lol
Lol Order now or it'll be pushed out even further
Old 08-02-2010, 11:12 AM   #38
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidblue View Post
Woaw!!! Lucky you!! Will you please do a comparison between the white and graphite when you receive them?
I will do a comparison if folks want.

The graphite one is for me, the White is for my mother. I had bought her a K2i for her birthday and she was within to 30 day return window so elected to return the K2i and get the K3 in white. Only downside to that is she now has my K2us, because she CAN'T be without for a whole month.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:16 AM   #39
rapidblue
Connoisseur

Quote:
I will do a comparison if folks want.

The graphite one is for me, the White is for my mother. I had bought her a K2i for her birthday and she was within to 30 day return window so elected to return the K2i and get the K3 in white. Only downside to that is she now has my K2us, because she CAN'T be without for a whole month.
Cool!! Please do I was also thinking of comparing them 'coz I've pre-ordered a graphite one and my cousin has pre-oredered a white one. Only problem is that I'm going to Aus soon and will only back in South Africa to compare with her the end of September...
Old 08-02-2010, 11:31 AM   #40
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
I'm going with Graphite. I have a Sony PRS-505 in Silver, and I had serious buyer's remorse for a while after, because the dark blue 505 feels like it has way better contrast. In the end, though, it's not a difference you're going to notice too much unless you're comparing side-by-side, so go with what you like. I initially chose the silver because of the display units, the blue showed chips in the paint or covering, whereas silver was pristine. Two years later, my silver is still pristine. But i still wouldn't want white, for reasons of contrast, and because I'm afraid it might turn yellow.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:34 AM   #41
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
....and because I'm afraid it might turn yellow.
I wouldn't worry to much about that, unless maybe you're a smoker, my K2 hasn't discolored at all and I've had it since release. I also know a couple of folks with K1's and they still look the same as always.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:36 AM   #42
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Quote:
I wouldn't worry to much about that, unless maybe you're a smoker, my K2 hasn't discolored at all and I've had it since release. I also know a couple of folks with K1's and they still look the same as always.
That's good to know. I just remember the apple ibooks that my friends used to have (the laptop, not the ebooks) used to get discolored and ugly looking.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:55 AM   #43
rapidblue
Connoisseur

Quote:
Same here - had my K2i since they were released internationally (almost a year now) and it still looks brand new No discolouring whatsoever...
Old 08-02-2010, 08:19 PM   #44
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I was sorely tempted to buy one or the other until I noticed that the new keyboard has no numbers or forward slash. I can live without the forward slash, but I use numbers all the time, and having to access them from the alt menu would be a pain.
That's the way they are on the DX, too. You have to hit Alt to use them. The K3 manual says numbers will be available in the symbols menu, too.

The K1 had a great keyboard. It was slightly split, and I could thumb-type on it and still reach all the keys. The K2's bubble keys took some getting used to, but I eventually made peace with it, now I'm grumbling about the DX keyboard, and I'm sure I'll have the same complaints with the K3. It's annoying, because they had it right from the start.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:09 AM   #45
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Graphite; my K2 is nice, but it's prone to be not as white as I'd like. Plus: contrast from black cover (like in the PB360) + contrast from Pearl screen = eyes that won't be soooooore after hours of reading.
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote