Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-20-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
Some tips about replacing PRS-505 Battery

I purchased a replacement battery from a seller on eBay, whose ad stated that the battery was compatible with the PRS-500 and PRS-505. I looked at many pictures online at different sites and the specifications are the same. I received the battery and began to replace my old one. When I got to the battery inside my PRS-505, I was surprised to find that it was a different shape.

Here is a picture of my battery (taken from a flikr site showing disassembly.)

Here is the battery I received

Every site I went to with replacement batteries say that they are compatible with the following battery code

1-756-769-11
LIS1382(J)

When I search for these numbers I get tons of hits to batteries. Here are the numbers on my battery

1-756-769-21
LIS1382(C)

Nothing on the internet for these numbers at all. Yet, the picture that everyone is using to help replace the battery shows this battery. The one I received is shorter and wider than the original and will not fit inside the reader.

Someone wrote on Amazon that this battery will squeeze into the reader but very tightly. I am going to try this to see if it works.

Okay, I'm back. It did fit but I had to take out the metal tray and really cram it in there. Also, when putting the whole thing back together, I seem to have broken a small piece of the top pane and now it won't stay on the reader. Luckily I have a case and it holds it down okay.

The battery is charging and everything seems to work ok. So, if you buy one of these bigger batteries, it will work but it is an interesting assembly. It is not easy to work in these tight places, especially with my big hands. I live in rural China surrounded by factories and I have a new respect for all those young girls I see walking to the factories everyday. Well I get to admire them every day on the way to work but now I have another reason.

PS. The reason I replaced the battery was due to my 50-page count then having to recharge. I have a wall recharger as well. I am surprised more people are not having this problem. The stock batteries don't seem to be very good.
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:25 PM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
There's always some variance in battery life... and some fail quicker than others.

Probably few complaints because generally fine... my well-over 2 year-old 505 still only gets charged about once a week to ten days with a minimum of 2-3 hours use per day, usually more... and I'm a fast reader so lots of page turns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Swift View Post

PS. The reason I replaced the battery was due to my 50-page count then having to recharge. I have a wall recharger as well. I am surprised more people are not having this problem. The stock batteries don't seem to be very good.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2010, 04:11 PM   #3
Tinderbox (UK)
Connoisseur
Tinderbox (UK) began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kindle DXG
There is a video guide on youtube on how to replace the battery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLHgLz9LYMA
Tinderbox (UK) is offline   Reply With Quote