Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-13-2018, 04:23 PM   #1
stiletteaux
stiletteaux began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
trouble importing calibre library

the machine I exported from has been wiped and sent to the manufacturer, help!

When I install calibre and try to import the library, I get:
The folder [folder] is not valid: The first part of this exported data set is missing

I tried running the debug command line component and get the same message.

I'm not sure if I downloaded the right version of calibre used when the export was made...does that matter? Is there a way to tell from the export files?

I don't really know where to go from here. Thanks!.
stiletteaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 05:05 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
That says you are missing one of the Spanned Archive files, that happens to be the master (has info about the other members).
Why? I don't know why it did not come across with the rest. It is either the first part number or the last
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2018, 05:08 PM   #3
stiletteaux

well i have the part-0001.calibre-data which is 1gb and the part-0002.calibre-data which is less than 1gb...was there supposed to be a non-numbered file or something?
Old 10-13-2018, 05:15 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiletteaux View Post
well i have the part-0001.calibre-data which is 1gb and the part-0002.calibre-data which is less than 1gb...was there supposed to be a non-numbered file or something?
Well
That sounds correct. 0001 is the first (full 1G, and 2 is the leftovers)
Any possibility you mixed sections in from another archive?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 05:33 PM   #5
stiletteaux

well I certainly HOPE not D-:
I think I exported twice (once to test) but I really don't have a way to verify that.

I'm pretty python proficient...is there a way I can check in more detail what's failing?

What file format are these files supposed to be? maybe I could open and tweak/repair something?
Advert
Old 10-14-2018, 01:47 AM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Did you make sure that when trying to import you pointed to the folder containing the exported files, and not to the actual exported file?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 08:50 AM   #7
stiletteaux

I made sure to do both (I saw there was a thread where someone somehow did that), but get the same result:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\exim.py", line 263, in select_import_folder
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\exim.py", line 262, in __init__
ValueError: The first part of this exported data set is missing
Old 10-18-2018, 12:41 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
what are all the files in the folder you are trying to import? AAnd if you want to look at the code, look in utils/exim.py around line 260
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote