Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-28-2018, 01:02 PM   #1
JosephWebber
Enthusiast
JosephWebber began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle PW, PW3, Nook HD+
Kindle Paperwhite battery

Recently my Kindle Paperwhite has started draining its battery while sleeping, so when I pick it up the following day it's lost about 30%. It was perfectly OK before. It has always been in Airplane mode.
I have looked in Amazon Kindle help but there's nothing there about this.
If this is not the right place, can someone please point me in the right direction?
Many thanks.
JosephWebber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 02:26 PM   #2
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Sometimes a new loaded book with incorrect structure can cause this. The device is trying to index this book, fails and tries again and again.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2018, 06:26 PM   #3
JosephWebber
Enthusiast

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into that.
Old 09-28-2018, 06:40 PM   #4
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
In addition, once you think you've fixed the book, try turning it off completely and then on again.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 06:18 PM   #5
forster01
Groupie
forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle, Amazon Fire HD
excuse me please if this question was asked before, i need to open kindle binary, and i tried ultraiso technique but it doesn't work. can anyone please give me some guidelines?
forster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2018, 10:44 AM   #6
JosephWebber
Enthusiast

Hius07 and Tarana, many thanks for your suggestions.
They worked! No more overnight drain.
Much appreciated.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:24 AM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by forster01 View Post
excuse me please if this question was asked before, i need to open kindle binary, and i tried ultraiso technique but it doesn't work. can anyone please give me some guidelines?
NiLuJe's snapshots thread, "KindleTool".
unpack, pack, pack & sign

IF you are asking about the packages for the grayscale display Kindles (which you do not list in your info box on the left).

IF you are asking about the packages for the color display (Android) Kindles, you are in the wrong forum.

Please do not hijack threads, make your own for your own topic.

Last edited by knc1; 10-01-2018 at 11:29 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 06:40 PM   #8
forster01
Groupie
forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle, Amazon Fire HD
@knc1 thank you - i'm asking about kindle firmware.
forster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:17 PM   #9
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Sometimes a new loaded book with incorrect structure can cause this. The device is trying to index this book, fails and tries again and again.
Please forgive my butting in, but this might explain why my PW seems to have much shorter battery life recently. How do I check this?

Last edited by stuartjmz; 10-13-2018 at 07:34 PM.
Old 10-14-2018, 12:48 AM   #10
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
Please forgive my butting in, but this might explain why my PW seems to have much shorter battery life recently. How do I check this?
Try to recall what books have you added recently. Remove them all and add one by one.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:04 AM   #11
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Try to recall what books have you added recently. Remove them all and add one by one.
I was afraid you'd say that

I just deregistered my Paperwhite and registered it for my Dad, and sideloaded close to 200 books at once. Quelle fun!
Old 10-14-2018, 03:17 AM   #12
hius07
Wizard

Quote:
I was afraid you'd say that

I just deregistered my Paperwhite and registered it for my Dad, and sideloaded close to 200 books at once. Quelle fun!
Well, just wait for a couple of days. Maybe the Kindle is indexing them all, it takes time and energy.
Old 10-14-2018, 03:24 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Go to the home page and search for a string of random letters (so you don't get any real matches). On the search results page, if "Text in Books" is not greyed out, tap it and it'll say "23 books not yet indexed" (or whatever the number actually is). Tap that and it'll show you what the books are that haven't yet been indexed.

When you do add books, leave the Kindle connected to a wall charger until they've finished indexing. Indexing happens a lot more quickly when the Kindle is connected to a charger.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 03:31 AM   #14
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Go to the home page and search for a string of random letters (so you don't get any real matches). On the search results page, if "Text in Books" is not greyed out, tap it and it'll say "23 books not yet indexed" (or whatever the number actually is). Tap that and it'll show you what the books are that haven't yet been indexed.

When you do add books, leave the Kindle connected to a wall charger until they've finished indexing. Indexing happens a lot more quickly when the Kindle is connected to a charger.

Thank you so much, Harry! This will make it much easier to check the problem. Very much appreciated
Old 10-14-2018, 03:39 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You're very welcome .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote