Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 09-25-2018, 12:00 AM   #1
Pulpmeister
Wizard
Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Lower, Lennie: Here's Luck (1930): v.2

Leonard Waldemar Lower (1903-1947) was an newspaper columnist who was rated as "Australia's Funniest Man". a prolific columnist--as many as eight columns a week!-- who published a single novel: Here's Luck! in 1930.

It is the classic story of a minor domestic crisis escalating out of control, until the hero and his teenage son are being pursued all over Sydney (and out into the country) by bookies, police, girls, wives, and mothers-in-law, culminating in the beer party to end all beer parties back in the family terrace house in Sydney.

This edition is based on the Gutenberg Australia text-file edition, with added table of contents and a cover. I have been able to find only one photographic portrait of Lower, a single-column image from a newspaper! His good friend cartoonist "Wep", (William E Pidgeon) who illustrated many of his columns, drew a splendid caricature which is, however, not in the public domain.

"Here's Luck!" is an Australian comedy classic.

I uploaded this in the Kindlle library several years ago, but not here in the Epub library, so here it is.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Here's Luck (1930) - Lennie Lower.epub (245.8 KB, 327 views)
Pulpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote