Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-21-2018, 07:35 PM   #16
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Please excuse my ignorance ... what's the difference between Adept DRM and ADE? I didn't even know there was another type of Adobe DRM. (I'll see if I can Google this.)
I think ADE is Adobe Digital Editions, an app. ADE uses Adept DRM. I don't think that cloudlibrary requires ADE to be installed; cloudlibrary can authorize a PC on it's own (although it may use some Adobe library/code.). Cloudlibrary download books to a different directory than ADE's directory, and the books downloaded by cloudlibrary do not show up in ADE.

Again, I may be wrong about some of this.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 08:08 AM   #17
Flaneurette
Enthusiast
Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: Kindle oasis3/Kobo sage/nook4&4+/Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I think ADE is Adobe Digital Editions, an app. ADE uses Adept DRM. I don't think that cloudlibrary requires ADE to be installed; cloudlibrary can authorize a PC on it's own (although it may use some Adobe library/code.). Cloudlibrary download books to a different directory than ADE's directory, and the books downloaded by cloudlibrary do not show up in ADE.

Again, I may be wrong about some of this.
There was an option to set up CloudLibrary when first installing on my Mac to use ade or allow CloudLibrary to authorize my Mac. I do not have ADE installed nor do I have an account set up with ADE so I went with the second option. I think you need an ADE account set up if you have an older nook though
Flaneurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2018, 10:38 AM   #18
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneurette View Post
There was an option to set up CloudLibrary when first installing on my Mac to use ade or allow CloudLibrary to authorize my Mac. I do not have ADE installed nor do I have an account set up with ADE so I went with the second option. I think you need an ADE account set up if you have an older nook though
To setup using ADE, or to setup using an Adobe ID? Cloudlibrary allows you to setup using an Adobe ID on a PC, but you do not have to have ADE installed to use an Adobe account with cloudLibrary.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 01:11 PM   #19
Flaneurette
Enthusiast
Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.Flaneurette is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: Kindle oasis3/Kobo sage/nook4&4+/Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
To setup using ADE, or to setup using an Adobe ID? Cloudlibrary allows you to setup using an Adobe ID on a PC, but you do not have to have ADE installed to use an Adobe account with cloudLibrary.
Sorry if I was unclear: I did not install ADE nor did I set up with an Adobe ID. There is an option to use an existing Adobe ID if desired but I just let cloudLibrary authorize my Mac. You are correct- you don’t need either to use CloudLibrary. I was using ADE and Adobe ID interchangeably sorry about that

Last edited by Flaneurette; 09-22-2018 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Clarification
Flaneurette is offline   Reply With Quote