Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-01-2018, 08:55 PM   #1
jrasicmark
jrasicmark began at the beginning.

Device: ASUS VivoTab Smart ME400C-C1-BK 10.1-Inch 64GB Tablet
Where can I download Calibre 1.48 Portable in zip format

My Windows 7 desktop died. I had been using Calibre Portable 2.34 on an external hard drive that also contained all my ebooks that are not Kindle compatible.

I do have 2 laptops running Windows 7 that I could still use that version of Calibre with, but I would also like the option of using a desktop computer for it on occasion.

So I'm using my Dad's Windows XP desktop and discovered Calibre 2.34 won't run on it. I found out that version 1.84 will work on XP, but I can't get my Dad's XP to connect to the internet, so I can't download it directly to that PC. I also can't seem to get the laptops connected to our Wifi for some reason

My Dad also has a WOW! Computer for seniors that is connected to the internet, but it's Linux based and will not allow new programs to be installed. Whenever I try to download Calibre Portable 1.84 in exe format, this Linux system tells me it won't work with this computer and it won't download it. I know that, I'm just trying to get it on a thumb drive to move to the XP.

I've tried to do Google searches to find the software in zip, rar, or tar format, any kind of compressed format. I've been able to download those on this WOW computer before, but I can't seem to find Calibre in those formats. Does anyone know where I could find it?

Last edited by jrasicmark; 09-01-2018 at 08:57 PM.
jrasicmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 09:14 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrasicmark View Post
My Windows 7 desktop died. I had been using Calibre Portable 2.34 on an external hard drive that also contained all my ebooks that are not Kindle compatible.

I do have 2 laptops running Windows 7 that I could still use that version of Calibre with, but I would also like the option of using a desktop computer for it on occasion.

So I'm using my Dad's Windows XP desktop and discovered Calibre 2.34 won't run on it. I found out that version 1.84 will work on XP, but I can't get my Dad's XP to connect to the internet, so I can't download it directly to that PC. I also can't seem to get the laptops connected to our Wifi for some reason

My Dad also has a WOW! Computer for seniors that is connected to the internet, but it's Linux based and will not allow new programs to be installed. Whenever I try to download Calibre Portable 1.84 in exe format, this Linux system tells me it won't work with this computer and it won't download it. I know that, I'm just trying to get it on a thumb drive to move to the XP.

I've tried to do Google searches to find the software in zip, rar, or tar format, any kind of compressed format. I've been able to download those on this WOW computer before, but I can't seem to find Calibre in those formats. Does anyone know where I could find it?
calibre for linux

https://download.calibre-ebook.com/1.48.0/

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2018, 12:09 AM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
PM sent
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre 1.84 portable, rar, tar, windows xp, zip