Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-09-2016, 02:26 AM   #1
kevinrs
Enthusiast
kevinrs began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Nook Glowlight (not plus) cases?

I got a new nook glowlight recently, and I'm pretty disappointed in what I'm finding for cases, even basic sleeves for it. The barnes and noble site lists a few, though finding the category on their site directly is impossible, and then you find that none of them are available to order. I'm finding little on other sites either.
Anyone have any recommendations? I'm thinking something simple like a sleeve case just to protect it while I'm carrying it. The clip on and flip cases I'm seeing photos of aren't impressing me.

By the way, why no new subforums since nook color and tablet? and no prefixes besides touch and classic?
kevinrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 02:56 AM   #2
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
They no longer are selling the Glowlight (non Plus) aside to get rid of what they have in stock. When those devices were released initially the only 'case' for them was a clip cover which was really a sheet of pretty much plastic or rubber with a clip on the side to connect to the Glowlight.

Eventually they released some cases which worked with that model and were 'bookish' in that the Glowlight rested inside the case, if memory serves it was held in place by plastic fittings. Even when they did this, their selection was very limited.

Now that they have the GLP I don't expect they will bother with cases for the last generation of Glowlight. They have a fairly poor track record of supporting their own device once they stop actively producing them, look at the Nook Color/Tablet which suffered from a poorly designed cable for years, and now after the cable was finally redesigned, suffer from production and stocking issues. Similar issues plague the Nook HD. Neither of these would be a problem, except the three devices all use proprietary connections.

In terms of suggestions, ebay or etsy might have some slip covers. But you'll want to make sure of the dimensions. In terms of finding a case that will allow the Glowlight to clip in, I think you may have a hard time, outside of one that uses bands to hold it in place.

Last edited by MGlitch; 02-09-2016 at 02:58 AM.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2016, 06:55 AM   #3
Mort1997
Wizard
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony various , Voyage, Oasis, K3, K4T,Nook Glow+Kobo Aura/H2O/One
Amazon UK has this cover

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...r_1_13&sr=8-13

and the Amazon US has this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...r_1_35&sr=8-35

I don't know where you are - so this is a guide only
Mort1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 12:48 PM   #4
kevinrs
Enthusiast
kevinrs began at the beginning.

Device: nook
I'd pretty much decided I don't like the clip in ones anyway, they look too bulky. What's weird is B&N still has multiple cases for the simple touch and simple touch with glow. The only things they have for the glowlight are an AC charger and a stylus.
Even ebay has more for those even older devices than the glowlight.
kevinrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 02:23 PM   #5
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Those two devices shared cases, you can sort of make them work for your glowlight, but you'd need to either make sure the case held the device in with straps, or be willing to remove any clips inside and make due with rubber bands, or an elastic band of some sort.

I say you would need to remove the clips because while you can fit the Glowlight in to them, it's a loose fit and your glowlight would likely slip out.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2016, 11:09 PM   #6
kalwisti
Enthusiast
kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort1997 View Post
Amazon UK has this cover

and the Amazon US has this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...r_1_35&sr=8-35
Hi, kevinrs,

I'm using the Coodio case mentioned above and have been pleased with it. The Nook Glowlight fits snugly inside; the flap closes securely and the case is lightweight. The case is available in several different colors. (I haven't dropped the Glowlight yet -- fortunately -- so the case has not had a real-life "drop test" performed on it).

If this style of case is acceptable to you, I think you'd be happy with it.
kalwisti is offline   Reply With Quote