Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-07-2015, 05:25 AM   #1
Cool Javelin
Enthusiast
Cool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle (early)
Content server on ubuntu 12.04 headless server ImageMagick: libltdl.so.7

[SOLVED] I have a new Ubuntu server (12.04 LTS) that I would like use for my Calibre content server.

I ran the instructions from here:

http://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux

using the 4th option for install, the isolated method that doesn't run as root.

When I run the command calibre-server --with-library=blah/blah

I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 61, in main
File "site-packages/calibre/library/server/main.py", line 12, in <module>
File "site-packages/calibre/library/server/base.py", line 21, in <module>
File "site-packages/calibre/library/server/content.py", line 17, in <module>
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/magick/__init__.py", line 15, in <module>
RuntimeError: Failed to load ImageMagick: libltdl.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Did I miss a step, is there some library or package I need to install?

I tried to find any libltdl.so and there in nothing on the disk. Shouldn't it have come with the Calibre installation?

Or alternately, can I run the server without the ImageMagick? Is it needed for the server?

I intend to manage the library from a Windows machine elsewhere.

Thanks,
Mark.

Last edited by Cool Javelin; 04-07-2015 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Solved
Cool Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 05:50 AM   #2
aleyx
Addict
aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Cybook Diva
libltdl.so.7 is in the libltdl7 package (apt-get install libltdl7).

Although if you can, you should upgrade your 12.04 to 14.04, which is the latest LTS. 12.04 still has two years until its EOL, but, well.

N.
aleyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2015, 10:03 AM   #3
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Javelin View Post
I have a new Ubuntu server (12.04 LTS) that I would like use for my Calibre content server.

I ran the instructions from here:

http://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux

using the 4th option for install, the isolated method that doesn't run as root.

When I run the command calibre-server --with-library=blah/blah

I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 61, in main
File "site-packages/calibre/library/server/main.py", line 12, in <module>
File "site-packages/calibre/library/server/base.py", line 21, in <module>
File "site-packages/calibre/library/server/content.py", line 17, in <module>
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/magick/__init__.py", line 15, in <module>
RuntimeError: Failed to load ImageMagick: libltdl.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Did I miss a step, is there some library or package I need to install?

I tried to find any libltdl.so and there in nothing on the disk. Shouldn't it have come with the Calibre installation?

Or alternately, can I run the server without the ImageMagick? Is it needed for the server?

I intend to manage the library from a Windows machine elsewhere.

Thanks,
Mark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleyx View Post
libltdl.so.7 is in the libltdl7 package (apt-get install libltdl7).

Although if you can, you should upgrade your 12.04 to 14.04, which is the latest LTS. 12.04 still has two years until its EOL, but, well.

N.
I agree update to 14.04.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:36 PM   #4
Cool Javelin
Enthusiast
Cool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle (early)
Yesss, aleyx, that did it, thanks.

As for upgrading, I have another machine that I will use to experiment with that.

My experience in the past with upgrading has not been good. Almost never has it gone smoothly, and of the many flavors of OS I have, (windows, mac, linux,) Ubuntu has been one of the worst although none are really good.

Somehow, libraries get updated, then older software can't run anymore without updating, sound quits working, and video has to be reconfigured.

The other choice is to start over and reinstall, but, I have a life, poor as it is.

But, you are right, sooner or later I will have to do, it's just a low priority for now.

Thanks again for your help, I will mark this as solved if I can figure out how.

Mark.
Cool Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:32 PM   #5
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Javelin View Post
Yesss, aleyx, that did it, thanks.

As for upgrading, I have another machine that I will use to experiment with that.

My experience in the past with upgrading has not been good. Almost never has it gone smoothly, and of the many flavors of OS I have, (windows, mac, linux,) Ubuntu has been one of the worst although none are really good.

Somehow, libraries get updated, then older software can't run anymore without updating, sound quits working, and video has to be reconfigured.

The other choice is to start over and reinstall, but, I have a life, poor as it is.

But, you are right, sooner or later I will have to do, it's just a low priority for now.

Thanks again for your help, I will mark this as solved if I can figure out how.

Mark.
One of the mod can mark it as solved for you, just drop a pm to theducks or BetterRed.
I highly recommend upgrading as soon as possible, 12.04 is only getting critical security fixes now.
Try Linux Mint 17 Xfce, a light wight distro based on Ubuntu 1404.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2015, 02:20 AM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Try Arch Linux or Gentoo if you use a rolling-release distro you won't have to deal with dist-upgrades.

Granted, there may be other issues...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote