Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-12-2014, 03:32 PM   #1
rraod
Bibliophile
rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
EBooks of Paul Gallico's Books "The Hand of Mary Constable" and "Too Many Ghosts"

I read the Paul Gallico's "The Hand of Mary Constable" in an Imprint magazine in India sometime during 1974. This magazine used to publish at least 4 to 5 full length novels in parts every month and I got these copies from one of my friend. I was very much impressed with the book. Even after 40 years, I still could not forget this book. Another book I read during that time was "The Night in Lisbon" by Erich Maria Remarque. I could get this book recently. My habit is to collect all the old books I have read as a child and let my sons read them. They are also good readers like me.

Later on I tried to get a copy of the book in India, Bahrain, US and Saudi Arabia (where I lived) all these years but could not find one to buy it. Last year I was in US with my kids, and found a hard copy of the same book on Amazon. But there was no ebook available for Kindle. I would have preferred an ebook either mobi or epub, My son bought this hard cover book for me which was in pristine condition which was 1964 first edition by Heinmann London. I was overjoyed with this book.

But now as most of my reading is confined to Nook and Kindle, I would like to buy this book and another one by same author "Too Many Ghosts".

If anyone help me in buying the two books, I will appreciate very much.

Thanks in advance
rraod is offline   Reply With Quote