Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-03-2018, 09:11 AM   #271
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
New Test Version
  • Change New Book per Section code to include non-TOC sections with previous TOC.
  • Add (configurably enable-able) 'Always Include' feature.
  • Add 'Configure' button to dialog.
  • Allow 'series' custom columns for Source Col and set series num to number of book split by simple count.
  • Move Source Column to top of config dialog for better visibility.
  • Add context menu(right-click) check/uncheck feature.
Looking good!
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 03:46 PM   #272
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
New Test Version

- Fix for corner case of a non-linear anchor TOC link taking precedence over file TOC link.

I'm giving up on changing TOC editing in EpubSplit:
Spoiler:
FYI, I've spent some more time thinking deep thoughts about TOC and EpubSplit.

TOC is actually rather complex. You can have:
  • Multi-level TOC
  • Non-linear TOC
  • Duplicate TOC Links
Or any combination of the above. The content of an epub, OTOH, is linear. And there's no requirement that every file of the epub even appear in the TOC.

EpubSplit, technically, displays book contents annotated by TOC entries. Which is why it ignores multi-level TOC and non-linear TOC(mostly). It does make a limited attempt to handle duplicate TOC links. EpubSplit always writes a new, flat, linear TOC based on the user's choices.

EpubSplit is meant to be a relatively simple tool to do a relatively simple job and I think it's doing that well enough. Any attempt to make it do more with TOC would be... difficult.

So, short answer: if you want to preserve a multi-level or non-linear TOC, you should use a more sophisticated like Calibre's Edit Book.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 09-10-2018 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete test versions
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2018, 04:45 PM   #273
please55
Connoisseur
please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: none
Hi Jimm or anyone else who can clarify.

I have a large omnibus, 20 plus books. Each book spans multiple rows in the Epub Split window. I see that I can select the appropriate group of html files for each book and then use the 'new book' button. Any way to do this in multiple selections in one go?

However I'm not sure how to utilize the 'new book per section' option. Where is that appropriate unless each html contained entire books?

Thanks for the work towards the plugin.

Last edited by please55; 09-07-2018 at 04:57 PM.
please55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 05:40 PM   #274
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by please55 View Post
... Any way to do this in multiple selections in one go?
Aside from using ctrl and shift keys to selection sections quicker, no, not at this time.

There is the new 'always include' feature. Read the last couple pages if you missed it.

Quote:
However I'm not sure how to utilize the 'new book per section' option. Where is that appropriate unless each html contained entire books?
Originally, 'new book per section' did exactly what it says, one new book per section for exactly that situation: one (x)html file per new book. It also refused to do anything unless all selected sections had TOC entries.

Now it looks at TOC entries and makes one book per TOC entry from the selected sections. IE, sections (files) without a TOC entry will be included until the next TOC starts a new book.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:33 PM   #275
please55
Connoisseur
please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Aside from using ctrl and shift keys to selection sections quicker, no, not at this time.

There is the new 'always include' feature. Read the last couple pages if you missed it.

Originally, 'new book per section' did exactly what it says, one new book per section for exactly that situation: one (x)html file per new book. It also refused to do anything unless all selected sections had TOC entries.

Now it looks at TOC entries and makes one book per TOC entry from the selected sections. IE, sections (files) without a TOC entry will be included until the next TOC starts a new book.
Thanks looks like I'll have to do them one by one. I couldn't get the 'new book per section' to work as you described on my first try but I'll keep tinkering with it. Not a big deal as its probably not applicable to my situation.
please55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2018, 06:23 PM   #276
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Version Released

Version 2.5.0 - 10 Sep 2018
- Add user input check that they selected something.
- Change New Book per Section code to include non-TOC sections with previous TOC.
- Calibre treats comments as HTML better.
- Make Edit Metadata Optional(both single and per Section),.
- Move Source Column setting to top.
- Add 'Configure' button to dialog.
- Add 'Always Include' optional feature.
- Allow 'series' custom columns for Source Col and set series num to number of book split by simple count.
- Update Translations
Old 09-11-2018, 07:04 PM   #277
sweth
Connoisseur
sweth began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20, Kindle Fire 7 (7G), Kindle PW (2G), Nook GlowLight Plus
Quote:
Thanks looks like I'll have to do them one by one. I couldn't get the 'new book per section' to work as you described on my first try but I'll keep tinkering with it. Not a big deal as its probably not applicable to my situation.
Is the issue that each book has TOC entries for its chapters or parts? If so, you could delete those sub-book-level TOC entries, select all of the sections, and use "new book per section"; you'd lose the TOC entries in the resulting new books, but you could then generate those using the ebook editor if you wanted.
sweth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 04:01 AM   #278
The_Bird
The_Bird began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2 & Kindle PW2
Hi
I use very often epubsplit/merge and what I would find very useful it's a function to really extract some Html files from the original epub...

Actually, if I want to split an epub, I select some files, create a new book... But the first epub is "untouched" and I have to get out of epubsplit, edit the book and delete the files I had previously extracted...
It would be so practical if epubsplit had an extra button "New book and old book expurged" so we could have a choice every time...

Don't know if it's possible, just my 2p ;-)

Thanks for a great plug-in anyway...
The_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 06:54 AM   #279
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bird View Post
Hi
I use very often epubsplit/merge and what I would find very useful it's a function to really extract some Html files from the original epub...

Actually, if I want to split an epub, I select some files, create a new book... But the first epub is "untouched" and I have to get out of epubsplit, edit the book and delete the files I had previously extracted...
It would be so practical if epubsplit had an extra button "New book and old book expurged" so we could have a choice every time...

Don't know if it's possible, just my 2p ;-)

Thanks for a great plug-in anyway...
TB
The plan was to leave the original intact (so you could try again if things went South ) and you would Split ALL the parts to their new books.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:14 AM   #280
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@The_Bird -

theducks is basically correct.

EpubSplit is a non-destructive tool that doesn't change the original.

But you can effectively do the same thing if you create 2 split books.

Using your example, select the few sections for the first split, new book; then ctrl-a to select all sections, ctrl-click to unselect those few sections, new book. Or some other combination of ctrl/shift-clicking.

Point is, if you're 'removing' one contiguous chunk, it really shouldn't be onerously difficult with the existing tool. I figure 5 click/actions max.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:06 PM   #281
The_Bird
The_Bird began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2 & Kindle PW2
Yes of course it is possible and I did it this way sometimes...
But as a fan of the lazy man who has invented the wheel because he was tired to pull his charge, I was just wondering about a magic button... (but every magic button have a price to pay, as King/Chizmar could tell us)...

A non destructive tool cannot be a bad thing, so let's forget my suggestion ;-)
The_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:51 PM   #282
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Version Released

Version 2.6.0 - 05 Jan 2019
- Update Translations
Old 04-20-2019, 12:55 PM   #283
bob.f
Connoisseur
bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: N/A
Calibre 3.41.3 64bit
EpubSplit 2.6.0

Error on selecting EpubSplit menu option in Calibre:

calibre, version 3.41.3
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:__str__() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)

calibre 3.41.3 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.17134-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.17134')
Python 2.7.15+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.17134', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: en_GB
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 12, 1) && DeDRM (6, 4, 3) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 12, 1) && View Manager (1, 4, 3) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 12, 1) && KFX Input (1, 12, 1) && Goodreads (1, 4, 0) && Favourites Menu (1, 0, 4) && EpubSplit (2, 6, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && Job Spy (1, 0, 137) && Manage Series (1, 2, 8) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (1, 26, 0) && KFX Output (1, 26, 0) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 23)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.epubsplit.epubsplit_plugin", line 138, in plugin_button
File "calibre_plugins.epubsplit.epubsplit", line 650, in get_split_lines
File "calibre_plugins.epubsplit.epubsplit", line 1095, in splitHtml
TypeError: __str__() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)
bob.f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 02:41 PM   #284
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version

The latest Calibre updates the version of BeautifulSoup bundled in Calibre, which is slightly different. There's an issue with epubs that have TOC entries that point to #anchors.

The attached version works for me on Calibre v.3.41.2 and also v2.85.1. It didn't work anymore with v.1.48, so I'm also changing the oldest supported Calibre version to v2.85.1.

I'd appreciate hearing from users both whether it works or not.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 04-20-2019 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete test versions
Old 04-20-2019, 03:11 PM   #285
bob.f
Connoisseur
bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: N/A
Thanks. New version looking good so far. Have managed to split a volume but not yet checked the results. Will report back when I can confirm.

Yep, working fine now.

Last edited by bob.f; 04-20-2019 at 05:08 PM.
bob.f is offline   Reply With Quote