Notices

Old 05-10-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
t3d
Enthusiast
t3d began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 1st gen, kindle dxg, kindle paperwhite2
[Store plugin] Polish ebook store - nexto.pl

Hello!

Here is my plugin that allows browsing and searching Polish ebook store - nexto.pl

This is a draft, and some things will be improved during next few days (i.e. cover support, DRM status icon and so on).

Feel free to comment either here, or on polish forum: http://forum.eksiazki.org/calibre-f1...bre-t9902.html
Attached Files
File Type: zip nexto.zip (5.9 KB, 485 views)
t3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:10 PM   #2
t3d
Enthusiast

I fixed some of the issues (cover, DRM icon) in version 1.0.1
You can find it attached to this post.
Attached Files
File Type: zip nexto.zip (5.9 KB, 471 views)
Advert
Old 05-11-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Let me know if (or when) you want me to review it for you and give you some feedback.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:58 AM   #4
t3d
Enthusiast

I did the review myself, removed obsolete code and fixed 3 additional issues (2 related to opening detail page and one with obsolete file included in zip archive), and now you can take a look

I know that my code is far from optimized (lack of experience makes me use re all the time :P), but the biggest problem is getting the author variable filled. The store's results page doesn't contain authors of listed ebooks (weird, isn't it?), so probably I will have to open another browser object and take the author from detail page, but that will be a huuuge performance hit. Any ideas?
Attached Files
File Type: zip nexto.zip (1.9 KB, 448 views)
Old 05-12-2011, 07:38 AM   #5
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Use urllib.quote_plus instead of urllib2.quote. The Nexto site uses + for spaces. The quote style (quote vs quote_plus) is going to be store dependent.

With the search results you really want to have the author and title be in the initial SearchResult object returned by the search function. Unfortunately, in this case you will need to use a second browser to accomplish this. See the Baen Webscription plugin for an example. I realize this will slow down the results but author and title are both very important. So much so that they are required to be retuned by the search function for all calibre bundled stores.

Other information such as DRM, cover... can be retrieved dynamically later by implementing the get_details function. See the Amazon plugin for an example. However, you have no need for get_details as you're already able to get everything in the search function. Aside from author which really should not be handled by get_details.

get_details is called sometime after the SearchResult is handed back to the search window and it is displaying the result. get_details is used to dynamically load more information about a result.
Advert
Old 05-12-2011, 03:32 PM   #6
t3d
Enthusiast

Thank you for your tips. The final version is attached below

Edit: I made one more change, i.e. "Nexto Store" was truncated to "Nexto".
The attachment was swapped
Attached Files
File Type: zip nexto.zip (2.0 KB, 451 views)

Last edited by t3d; 05-12-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:26 PM   #7
t3d
Enthusiast

I've found one more issue, that was just fixed. Some non-ASCII chars in query were not working. Release 1.0.4 is here
Attached Files
File Type: zip nexto.zip (2.0 KB, 471 views)

Last edited by t3d; 05-14-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:12 PM   #8
user_none

Nexto plugin slated for inclusion in calibre 0.8.2. Installing the plugin located here will be unnecessary for any version >= 0.8.2.