Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-14-2018, 02:55 PM   #31
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iriver StoryHD
I'm trying to use the --refresh option, any way to do a full screen refresh by default (after restoring a previously saved framebuffer state)?

For some reason I end up getting a Segmentation fault on my H2O.

Code:
# fbink --refresh top=0,left=0,width=1080,height=1429
[FBInk] Clock tick frequency appears to be 100 Hz
[FBInk] Variable fb info: 1080x1440, 32bpp @ rotation: 1 (Clockwise, 90°)
[FBInk] Enabled Kobo viewport insanity (1080x1440 -> 1080x1429), top-left corner is @ (0, 11)
[FBInk] Fontsize set to 24x24 (IBM base glyph size: 8x8)
[FBInk] Line length: 45 cols, Page size: 59 rows
[FBInk] Horizontal fit is perfect!
[FBInk] Vertical fit isn't perfect, shitfting rows by 7 pixels to the bottom
[FBInk] Fixed fb info: ID is "mxc_epdc_fb", length of fb mem: 6684672 bytes & line length: 4352 bytes
[FBInk] Pen colors set to #000000 for the foreground and #FFFFFF for the background
Refreshing the screen from top=0, left=0 for width=1080, height=1429 with waveform mode (null)
Segmentation fault
Wonderful tool by the way, thanks so much for providing it.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:02 PM   #32
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O
At a quick glance, I appear to have completely bungled the input validation of the refresh flag .

You're missing the wfm suboption, which currently should have caused fbink to abort with a relevant warning, but that check is busted, and the final sanity check has its logic inverted, so, double fail on my part here ;p.

TL;DR: Try with wfm=auto, and I'll fix that check when I get back to my computer .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:54 PM   #33
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O
There, master should no longer segfault when the wfm suboption is missing, providing a slightly more useful error message in the process .

(Also, verbose logging when the option passed doesn't get recognized and falls back to AUTO).

Thanks!

EDIT: Random comment about your test command: if you want to mimic nickel, you want top=11,left=0,width=1080,height=1429, if not, top=0,left=0,width=1080,height=1440 (otherwise you'd be skipping the visible bottom 11 pixels) .

(The options are passed as-is to the ioctl, so the purported viewport trickery isn't actually done for a "manual" refresh call ).

EDIT²: For anyone else reading this, that's a quirk specific to the H2O .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-15-2018 at 12:00 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 04:40 AM   #34
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iriver StoryHD
I keep clicking that [karma] button but the forum software won't let me.

Thanks!
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote