Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-09-2017, 01:30 PM   #1
pastelraven
pastelraven began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air2
Smile New reader from Belfast, Northern Ireland.

Hello everyone, my first name is Joe, although I use the username "pastelraven", it's a long story as to why I have that name so I won't bore you all. I'm 64, and a retired Chef. I was in the Royal Air Force and loved it, I saw a large part of the world, but my favourite posting was 3yrs in Berlin, before the wall came down. Around 20 yrs ago I had a very bad brain virus and had amnesia for over 4 yrs. I'm much better now, although my memory is dreadful.
I can go to bed, read 100 pages of a book and the next morning it's totally gone, not just forgotten.
So as you can imagine, reading can be a bit hit and miss, as I really need to read the whole book ASAP, before I forget.
I love many Authors, from Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Jeffrey Archer, Ken Follett, Simon Clark, but my favourite is Wilbur Smith.

I'm married 44yrs, and have a little granddaughter called Thea who is 15months old, who I love to bits.
I'm looking forward to exploring and getting to know some of you, but please be gentle with me especially if I forget who you are from one day to the next.
At the moment I'm reading Dan Browns, The Lost Symbol.
pastelraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2017, 03:30 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi pastelraven and welcome to MobileRead.
MickeyC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 04:50 PM   #3
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Hi and welcome.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:59 PM   #4
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Glo HD, Aura One
Great intro, Joe, and welcome.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 06:58 AM   #5
pastelraven
pastelraven began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air2
Thank you all.
pastelraven is offline   Reply With Quote