Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-15-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Cool Reader Question

I am really enjoying reading ebooks on my new Android tablet and the Cool Reader app is working well for me.

A question, though. Is it possible to "lock" the reader in portrait mode? When I am reading at night, lying down, I often hold the tablet in a position that it flips between portrait and landscape which is annoying.

Didn't see anywhere in the settings for this. I was able to do this on the iPhone in some readers and it was really helpful.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:14 PM   #2
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebusinesstutor View Post
I am really enjoying reading ebooks on my new Android tablet and the Cool Reader app is working well for me.

A question, though. Is it possible to "lock" the reader in portrait mode? When I am reading at night, lying down, I often hold the tablet in a position that it flips between portrait and landscape which is annoying.

Didn't see anywhere in the settings for this. I was able to do this on the iPhone in some readers and it was really helpful.
Hi-
Go to the options page and look across the top and you will see three icons. select the center icon and look for "orientation" (fourth one down). There are three options; Portrait, Landscape and Sensor - take your pick.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2011, 10:17 PM   #3
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
You can disable the auto rotate from the notification bar although it would stop auto rotate for all of android not just for coolreader.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:11 PM   #4
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
Hi-
Go to the options page and look across the top and you will see three icons. select the center icon and look for "orientation" (fourth one down). There are three options; Portrait, Landscape and Sensor - take your pick.

Regards - John
Perfect John!

That solved it. Don't know why I missed it before - probably not used to looking for more options across the top.

Once again, this forum proves its value to me.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote