Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 11-26-2010, 03:35 PM   #106
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Look at the size of this flipping signature.
Mods! Wake up!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flipping sig.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	61879  
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:40 PM   #107
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Mods! Wake up!
I don't think it's an ad or anything. He was one of the winners of the recent contest, and he's just displaying the book certificate balance that he won. Just for fun, I think, and I'm sure it's temporary.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:36 AM   #108
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I don't think it's an ad or anything. He was one of the winners of the recent contest, and he's just displaying the book certificate balance that he won. Just for fun, I think, and I'm sure it's temporary.
Oops.
I am sorry, I didn't realise it.
My apologizes.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:42 AM   #109
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
One of the first things I learned to do on forums was turn off signatures. I find them irritating at best.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:20 AM   #110
astra
The Introvert

I like many of them, as long as they do not add graphics. I use adblock plus to block them anyway. I think that turning signatures off would detract from forum experience and it would be my loss, so I don't let a few morons with huge signatures to deprive me I just block theirs in FF
Old 12-02-2010, 05:35 AM   #111
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Quote:
Mods! Wake up!
I was actually thinking about this for a few days. I just did a too big screenshot, and reducing text size as a picture makes it blurry. But I did it anyway Smaller than this it won't get. Abd it will go away in a few weeks.
There is also a link to the contest now, so people don't get confused why is there some signature.
And finally, next time you could send *me* a message. I don't know if you know the experience, but finding such a post about yourself, without being contacted first is not the best way to start the day.
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:33 AM   #112
astra
The Introvert

I am sorry. I didn't realise it is a temporary thing and that it is not an advert.

On the other hand I do not apologize for bringing it up here without contacting you first. In my opinion no body in their right state of mind should have huge signatures that disturb reading of the forum. I expect an apology from anybody who does it. In order to contact you first, I would have to take a look at the picture in your signature. I never do. The moment I see disproportional picture in a signature I add it to block list of Adblock Plus. If I were to read it, then people who mostly use it for advertising would achieve their goal by getting my attention. I won't give them this opportunity.

My apologizes again for confusing you with ruthless advertisers and authors who do it all the time on this forum.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:39 AM   #113
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
I like many of them, as long as they do not add graphics. I use adblock plus to block them anyway. I think that turning signatures off would detract from forum experience and it would be my loss, so I don't let a few morons with huge signatures to deprive me I just block theirs in FF
I kept wondering where you found that signature, as I don't see it... Then I remembered I turned off the images (using Stylish) in signatures...

And most are fine, funny, thoughtful, in other words, worthy to see. And those few that aren't, well, I'll have to take the bad with the good, I'm afraid...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:48 AM   #114
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
And most are fine, funny, thoughtful, in other words, worthy to see. And those few that aren't, well, I'll have to take the bad with the good, I'm afraid...
That's why I don't turn them off too.
I like to see them
Old 12-02-2010, 07:30 AM   #115
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I am sorry. I didn't realise it is a temporary thing and that it is not an advert.

On the other hand I do not apologize for bringing it up here without contacting you first. In my opinion no body in their right state of mind should have huge signatures that disturb reading of the forum.
I expect an apology from anybody who does it.

My apologies, if my sig has disturbed your (or anyones) reading. Really, never was my intension. I even removed the blue eyes quote, so the actual size hasn't increased.

In order to contact you first, I would have to take a look at the picture in your signature.

If you have seen enough of it to decide you have to report it, than you have seen enough to know you don't like it and thus, you have seen enough to contact the user and say - hi there! i find your sig too big/bright/disturbing, etc. can you make it smaller/disappear. I would really appreciate it. My opinion only

I never do. The moment I see disproportional picture in a signature I add it to block list of Adblock Plus. If I were to read it, then people who mostly use it for advertising would achieve their goal by getting my attention. I won't give them this opportunity.

Very useful program this one. I have it too.

My apologizes again for confusing you with ruthless advertisers and authors who do it all the time on this forum.

Accepted.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:04 AM   #116
LCF
Wizard

Hi!
A quick feedback, please - is the party banner too big/flashy/...? It will be gone in 2-3 days, but I don't want to annoy with it, just to have some fun.

Thanks!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:57 AM   #117
astra
The Introvert

Very annoying but I don't remember what it was about.
I didn't have time to read it because it is like I have a bot in my mind and it adds dreck to Adblock plus automatically
Old 12-09-2010, 10:02 AM   #118
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCF View Post
Hi!
A quick feedback, please - is the party banner too big/flashy/...? It will be gone in 2-3 days, but I don't want to annoy with it, just to have some fun.

Thanks!
I have no complaints......and congrats!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:33 AM   #119
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCF View Post
... please - is the party banner too big/flashy/...? It will be gone in 2-3 days, ...
It is gone now together with your avatar. Thanks to my Adblock.
Problem solved.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:00 PM   #120
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
:LCF Aren't you smart! Have a kiss.

Last edited by beppe; 12-09-2010 at 06:03 PM.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote