Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 10-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #1
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Question What?

Been quiet here too long...
What have you done with your eDGe, either EE or PE, today/lately?

Sent mine through the TSA screening process inside a carry-on computer bag with a HP work laptop. Starting the PE required forcing shutdown by holding the power switch. The starting normally and all was well. Laptop had no issues.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:10 PM   #2
Edward_R
Zealot
Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Pacific Northwest (about 35 miles northeast of Seattle)
Device: K3 / HP 10" Tablet (FBreader Installed)
My PE has been to Anaheim twice from Seattle w/o any problems at all.
Edward_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
helf
Zealot
helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe, Entourage eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
My PE was in Sweetwater Texas in June for 2 weeks while I finished my Wind Turbine Technician program. It rides around in my messenger bag with me every where I go

I just updated my 64gb card post with some new info.
helf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:10 PM   #4
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
Red face PE Travels

My PEs have traveled RT from Rio de Janeiro to various locations in the US, several times...

I can tell that the batteries are weakening, but they are still chugging along...
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #5
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yup, my PE has been through numerous TSA screenings; could have been the x-ray machine or something else.
Advert
Old 10-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #6
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I'm about to travel by train, so installed my entire Calibre library on my EE's SD card for the first time. Couldn't decide which books to take, so I'm taking them all. Now I have to decide whether the PE stays home or I take both eDGes, along with my laptop and phone. Too many electronic devices? Never!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #7
helf
Zealot
helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ha! I'm about to have that problem. I carry my Macbook Air, PE, and 2DS in my messenger bag and my GNII in my pocket. I'm in the process of setting up my EE to take with me but I'm horribly attached to my PE. So I dunno what is going to happen. I can read 2-4 books at once, right? right? Nothing weird about that...

What are you using to view your Calibre library?

Oh, btw, Filark; look at the 64gb card thread. I updated it with some GNII specific stuff you might find interesting. I'm about to go add some more pics.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:13 AM   #8
Gerrye
Zealot

When we go to the US in March, some of them [EE & 2 PEs] will be coming with us............
Old 10-23-2013, 09:18 AM   #9
Gerrye
Zealot

64 gb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helf View Post
Ha! I'm about to have that problem. I carry my Macbook Air, PE, and 2DS in my messenger bag and my GNII in my pocket. I'm in the process of setting up my EE to take with me but I'm horribly attached to my PE. So I dunno what is going to happen. I can read 2-4 books at once, right? right? Nothing weird about that...

What are you using to view your Calibre library?

Oh, btw, Filark; look at the 64gb card thread. I updated it with some GNII specific stuff you might find interesting. I'm about to go add some more pics.
I have 64gb cards in my EE and one of my PEs, the rest are all 32 gbs. No problems with any of them..
Old 10-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #10
helf
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrye View Post
I have 64gb cards in my EE and one of my PEs, the rest are all 32 gbs. No problems with any of them..
Awesome! My latest foray into large cards is with a 128gb one and I didn't have as much success for whatever reason. I'm going to play with it more. I posted the updates about that to the 64gb thread.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #11
Gerrye
Zealot

Have you been trying the previously mentioned reformatting software? SDformatter, FATformat 32, etc...
Old 10-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #12
helf
Zealot

Yep! Dunno what's up. I'm going to futz with it more.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #13
Gerrye
Zealot

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by helf View Post
Yep! Dunno what's up. I'm going to futz with it more.
Well, the club, as diminished as it might be, is waiting for your successful solution.....

Good luck...

Now if we could only upgrade the processor and the operating system, ah dreams....
Old 10-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #14
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
I used to travel with my PE, but now I just throw my Nook Color into my carry-on since it's far more replaceable than the PE. My PE stays home, safe and warm, since it dawned on me that I'll most likely never again find a similar gadget that I love so much.

At home I still use it daily. Like others have mentioned, the battery life isn't what it was new, but still adequate for my needs.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:08 AM   #15
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
I used to travel with my PE, but now I just throw my Nook Color into my carry-on since it's far more replaceable than the PE. My PE stays home, safe and warm, since it dawned on me that I'll most likely never again find a similar gadget that I love so much.

At home I still use it daily. Like others have mentioned, the battery life isn't what it was new, but still adequate for my needs.
Still many EE and PE on eBay, though the prices are not aligned to the device's real value. I had the opportunity to get a second PE, and EE for that matter, a couple of years ago at a fair price. No other gadget has yet to entice me...yet.