Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-03-2009, 12:29 PM   #1
mgalactico
mgalactico began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Penguin Enriched eBooks

Has any of you bought any book in the Penguin Enriched eBooks series? http://us.penguingroup.com/static/pa...xt/eBooks.html

They are supposed to be specially formatted to work in devices such as the Kindle and should contain 'extras' such as illustrations.

The reviews in Amazon are from people that bough the hardcover and not necessarily by Kindle owners. Any input?

Thanks!
mgalactico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:45 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I have Pride & Prejudice, but mine says it's the "Enhanced" edition not the "Enriched" edition.

The extras are pretty nice IMO. I think HarryT might have posted a review somewhere here on MR back when Penguin originally did P&P.

EDIT: My book file says Enhanced, but the Amazon page for the book I have says Enriched.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2009, 08:32 PM   #3
mgalactico
mgalactico began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Smile

Thanks, I found the tread.
mgalactico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:41 PM   #4
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I would definitely say the Pride & Prejudice Enhanced/Enriched version is worth it, not so much for the illustrations, but the other extras - although I have the version for the Sony
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote