Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-06-2009, 09:50 AM   #1
Yojinbo
Enthusiast
Yojinbo began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis, Aura One, Lumi
1 1 1 1 1 1 then 5 pages

I just finished reading my first .HTML book on my DR (and my first book on 1.5) and I have having an odd issue. Most page (side and/or bottom buttons) work fine but one out of 10 or so advances 5 pages instead of one. I have to pack page 4 times to get to the right next page. Sometimes I will get two 5 page advances in a row.

I have been pretty careful about how I do this, trying to if I am "grounding" the device with both hands, etc but I don't see a pattern as to when this happens and when it does not. I've seen it in bed, in chairs, in the car, on a charger, on a USB to the computer charging, etc.

What I am going to try next: reading a .MOBI book to see if it happens there (it did not before). I want to try this as I thought that maybe the DR was reacting to some formatting in the .HTML like a page break.

Two questions:
1. Has anyone else seen this exact deal? (I know some folks have issues with the touching of the keys).
2. Any suggestions as to what to so next? I have not opened a ticket (I really don't want to send my reader away for this - I don't know that it is a hardware issue and I can't go back to my tiny kindle screen now).

Overall - love the device.

Last edited by Yojinbo; 05-06-2009 at 10:11 AM. Reason: to becomes two in first para.
Yojinbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Pressing a button for a longer time (> 1/2 sec) will advance 5 pages i.s.o. 1. From the user manual:
Quote:
Long Press ▼ Turn 5 Pages Forward
You have probably 'discovered' a feature.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2009, 12:18 PM   #3
Yojinbo
Enthusiast

That could be it. Curse my giant ham hands!
Old 05-06-2009, 12:21 PM   #4
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
The real question here is... Why do you press the button longer once per 10 page turns? Hum...
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:36 PM   #5
Yojinbo
Enthusiast

I don't think I am doing this, but I will make a video and let it be my objective witness.

Last edited by Yojinbo; 05-06-2009 at 01:37 PM. Reason: spelling
Advert
Old 05-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #6
tjdean256
Zealot
tjdean256 is on a distinguished road

Device: irex dr1000s; Pocket edge
I can detect a slight change in the brightness in the sensor indicator I am pressing that tells me when I touched the sensor long enough for a 5-page turn. If you press the sensor longer than 2 sec, it cancels the command.

td
tjdean256 is offline   Reply With Quote