Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-23-2014, 02:04 AM   #1
revmike
Zealot
revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony Readers 505 \ T-2, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8
Author's titles limited in library

This has been a problem for me from the beginning of using a Sony eBook reader. I had hoped that this problem would have been eliminated with the upgrade to Kobo, but no. I have 5 books by the author Andrew Vachss, but it will only display 4 in the library. If I import the missing book one of the current ones will be replaced by it. Strange behavior to say the least.
revmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:09 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
No idea really, but...

Do the books have DRM? If so are they all from the same account (Adobe ID)?

How are you adding books, Sony's software? Calibre? Drag 'n Drop?

Are the books all ePub? (or PDF or LRF)
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2014, 02:11 AM   #3
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Double check the metadata, maybe? I'm guessing that two books may have the same Title field.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:05 AM   #4
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I second meeera's guess about it, that 2 books have the same metadata ID. You could open them up in Sigil and check.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:56 AM   #5
revmike
Zealot
revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

The books are all ePubs, no matter which book I attempt to add it replaces a different book. If I add the missing book, blue belle, it will remove one of the other books, its never the same book. I didn't know of the problem until I added the fifth book. I'm afraid to add a sixth book and then I'll have two books not showing in my library. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll take a look at all of them through calibre. All books were originally added with the Sony software.

Last edited by revmike; 06-24-2014 at 02:05 AM.
Advert
Old 06-25-2014, 12:53 AM   #6
revmike
Zealot

I checked all the books and could see no problems with the data, so I guess I'll just have to live with it.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:40 AM   #7
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
So you're saying that the reader will only hold 4 books total and nothing more? When you add a 5th book, one of the previous 4 gets kicked out?

And just to double check, you are talking about the total library where all books are shown, and not just the few titles shown on the homepage, right?

Did you try a factory reset?
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:12 PM   #8
revmike
Zealot

It would only show 4 titles of a certain author. I did finally get the fifth book to show up and I feel a little stupid about it. I had all four books showing on the all available books screen, when I went to the books purchased at the store screen and downloaded the missing book and it showed up in the library. I had been trying to load the book from the import file menu and that would cause it to replace a listed book.