Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-17-2014, 08:58 AM   #1
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Kindle Wlan problems...

I do not know if I am the only one, but I always seem to have problems with my kindles to connect to my wireless network.

I have some Kindle 4 NT and Kindle PW Ii devices, and some of them often lose connection to the network, or refuse to connect to my homeplug repeaters. One PW Ii simply refuses most Wlan networks, quite a P.I.T.A.

No problems with either my iPad i, iPad Ii, iPhones, Win 7 or Win 8 Pcs or Win 8 tablet ... But the Kindles have problems constantly. Did not recall such problems with my Kindle Keyboard or Kindle Fire I was using earlier. Right now one of the 4 NT devices can not access my wlan although I am sitting next to the router and entering the correct password that works on all my other devices.

Anybody else having the same problems? And before you suggest to send them back to Amazon, unfortunately I live in Malaysia and have bought the Kindles when on business trip in Germany. Sending them back will cost about as much as a new device.

Best regards,
Andy

Last edited by Andy_T; 08-17-2014 at 09:00 AM.
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:52 AM   #2
ThimGrim
ThimGrim began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
I noticed that I had to change wifi channel to 11 on my router after last paperwhite 2 update. Otherwise I was unable to connect. Maybe you should try this too.
ThimGrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert