Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-14-2017, 05:50 AM   #751
nvv
LazyTiger
nvv began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Question Return to ini state...

Hi, sergeyvl12.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
1. Uninstall previous version of KoboLauncher if you have it (remove .kobo/KoboLauncher)
Is such removing enough to get reader in state before installing Cool Reader?
After rebooting, naturally.

Thx.

---
So long!
Vlad.

Last edited by nvv; 02-14-2017 at 06:08 AM. Reason: updatenig detales
nvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 06:48 AM   #752
drawson1
Connoisseur
drawson1 began at the beginning.

Device: Libra H20, Clara 2E
File names with "&" character

Hi . . . I have one problem with Cool Reader (otherwise I LOVE it - don't read with anything else any more . . .)

Any file name or directory name with an ampersand ("&") causes a problem when I close and then re-open Cool Reader. So, as an example, I have:

/mnt/onboard/Kipling, Rudyard/Stalky & Company - Rudyard Kipling.epub

When I close and then re-open, I get:

Error while opening document /mnt/onboard/Kipling, Rudyard/Stalky Company - Rudyard Kipling.epub

(note that the "&" and surrounding spaces have been collapsed to a single space). If I do "Open File" from the menu, I can still select the book, but the reading position is gone.

Environment is a Kobo Aura edition 2 with the latest firmware, KSM 08 + patches, and the 2017_02_02 version of pbchess zip

Thanks!

Dan
drawson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2017, 01:24 PM   #753
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
I can confirm this. Every filename with an "&" in it causes this problem. In my case on an Aura One, KSM 08, pbchess 2017_02_02.

There is another problem with the css files. For some reason style customisation for ePubs is realized in fb2.css instead of epub.css. Changes in epub.css will go unnoticed in ePubs, but changes in fb2.css will apply.

@Sergej: Did you get my e-mail about this?
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:45 AM   #754
JimAttrill
JimAttrill began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Question Cool Reader on Kobo Touch.

After a recent reinstall of KSM and Vlasov I have lost the book covers as screen savers. Now all I get is the same 6? generic pics of DeNiro, Stephen King &c. which cycle through with each sleep.
Can you help me?
Thank you
JimAttrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:52 AM   #755
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimAttrill View Post
After a recent reinstall of KSM and Vlasov I have lost the book covers as screen savers. Now all I get is the same 6? generic pics of DeNiro, Stephen King &c. which cycle through with each sleep.
Can you help me?
Thank you
JimAttrill, Use the "Settings" button in Launcher and choose type of wallpaper.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2017, 02:01 AM   #756
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
I can confirm this. Every filename with an "&" in it causes this problem. In my case on an Aura One, KSM 08, pbchess 2017_02_02.

There is another problem with the css files. For some reason style customisation for ePubs is realized in fb2.css instead of epub.css. Changes in epub.css will go unnoticed in ePubs, but changes in fb2.css will apply.

@Sergej: Did you get my e-mail about this?
Sorry, recently I don't have much time for CR. I'll try to investigate these problems but I can't promise.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:56 AM   #757
JimAttrill

Thanks for your reply

Quote:
JimAttrill, Use the "Settings" button in Launcher and choose type of wallpaper.
Sorry, I can't find any wallpaper heading.
I have KSM 08 (2015.10.27) which lists:
info
start nickel
start koreader
start vlasovsoftlauncher
start coolreader
usb
wifi
configure
tools
scripts
userscripts
reboot
power off

Both "start vlasovsoftlauncher" and "start coolreader" deliver me back to the book I am reading. Where do i go from here?
Thank you.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:14 AM   #758
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimAttrill View Post
Both "start vlasovsoftlauncher" and "start coolreader" deliver me back to the book I am reading. Where do i go from here?
Thank you.
Ok. It gives me idea that I should provide access to launcher settings from CR because you have auto CR start and can't open launcher.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:51 AM   #759
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Ok. It gives me idea that I should provide access to launcher settings from CR because you have auto CR start and can't open launcher.
Please try the new test build:

http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/files/test/

MENU/Settings/Launcher settings
Old 09-19-2017, 08:24 PM   #760
JimAttrill

Quote:
Please try the new test build:

http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/files/test/

MENU/Settings/Launcher settings
Thank you very much... that seems to work much better.
I had found that I could get to the PB Chess menu by closing the book in the pull down menu and then found the Screensaver bit.

Thanks
Jim A
Old 10-06-2017, 05:05 AM   #761
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Citation support

Hi!

Citation support is added into the latest build (2017.10.06)

HOWTO:

1. MENU-Select
2. Select part of the text
3. Click "Citation button"
4. Edit text if necessary
5. OK

Your citation will be saved into vlasovsoft/cr3/data/citation/<FILENAME>.txt
Old 10-08-2017, 01:41 AM   #762
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Coming from Pocketbook and trying Kobo now I'm very glad that a version of Coolreader does exist for the Kobos too. Thanks for that.
There is one thing I'm missing deeply in the status line:
The Coolreader version of brucelee for Pocketbooks is showing me the remaining pages till the chapter ends, which is activated by this entry in the cr3.ini

window.status.pos.chapter.page.remains=1

Would you consider adding this to your version too?
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 03:34 AM   #763
ikkentobi
Enthusiast
ikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-books

Device: kobo h2o, kobo aura hd, onyx t68
About the citation feature:

The citation file for a book can be opened from within coolreader by "Open File".
It looks like this:

<book title>
<book author>
<first cited text><addionally added text (step 4 above)>
<second cited text><addionally added text (step 4 above)>

Nice feature. Of course, if it would be possible to jump from the citation to the corresponding book... (only hallucinating).

BTW - the included console in the pbchess package is *VERY* cool :-)

Last edited by ikkentobi; 10-09-2017 at 07:20 AM.
ikkentobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:46 AM   #764
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Coming from Pocketbook and trying Kobo now I'm very glad that a version of Coolreader does exist for the Kobos too. Thanks for that.
There is one thing I'm missing deeply in the status line:
The Coolreader version of brucelee for Pocketbooks is showing me the remaining pages till the chapter ends, which is activated by this entry in the cr3.ini

window.status.pos.chapter.page.remains=1

Would you consider adding this to your version too?
Probably - yes.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:41 AM   #765
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

kobo aura h2o edition 2 support

Hi!

I've added kobo aura h2o edition 2 support into new build:

http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/files/...10.14_kobo.zip

and one person reported that it works. Please test.