Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-02-2017, 11:56 AM   #721
bayang
bayang began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
No it is blurry again. :-)
But never mind, I think I will reset my kobo.
Thanks anyway
bayang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:28 AM   #722
derefer
derefer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite
Just to share, I installed the night mode patch on my old Kobo Glo (firmware 4.5.9587) successfully using the instructions from https://github.com/gtalusan/kobo-nightmode. It works great. Thank you for your work!
derefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2017, 04:58 PM   #723
klakski
klakski began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
After a replacement of the screen of my Kobo Aura HD I, stupidly, reset the device. Now I lost my night mode and I cannot get it back (to work)
The latest firm ware, 4.5.9587 (c77383d7d1, 130717), is on it now.
klakski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:43 PM   #724
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
For those of you using inverse-video night mode via the hack here, how is the ghosting when changing pages? (Note: I'm NOT talking about the built-in comfort-light nighttime reading mode.)

I have a pre-2017 Kobo Aura 6-inch, and it's fine with refreshing the page in night mode every three screens, but I also have a Kobo Aura HD 6.8-inch, and even refreshing every screen, it still has distracting ghosting in night mode.

Before I drop Cdn$249 on a Kobo Aura One, I'd be interested in any feedback. Thanks!
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:44 AM   #725
KJB
KJB began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Clara HD
Just succesfully installed Kobo Nightmode patch (https://github.com/gtalusan/kobo-nightmode) on my Kobo Glo (mark 4) with new firmware 4.6.9960.
KJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2017, 04:21 PM   #726
kobofan99
kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.kobofan99 calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: none
Can toggled nightmode work by editing the kobo .conf file?
kobofan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 06:22 PM   #727
stewacide
Groupie
stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O Ed. 2, Glo HD, Glo, Touch
Just got an H2O v2, but it seems installing Night Mode has gotten a lot more complicated/finicky than it was on my Glo and Glo HD.

What's the recommended procedure for my device?

p.s. you'd think Kobo would have just build the feature into the firmware by now!
stewacide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:31 AM   #728
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: kobo touch
This thread is a mess : it should be cleared by some modo.
Or a wiki should be done.

To me, this mod is a must. But install procedure, versions, working or not...

Right now, to me, Aura One firmware 4.6.9995, the mod gives me problems : missing books, strange behaviors...

Last edited by stanlefor; 10-13-2017 at 03:45 AM.
stanlefor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 04:31 AM   #729
the_Pan
Connoisseur
the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Forma, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanlefor View Post
...Or a wiki should be done...
agreed 100%
the_Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 12:31 PM   #730
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I've tried suggesting in the past that many of these threads / mods belong in a wiki

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 01:22 AM   #731
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

So, anyone else tried the mod on Aura One firmware 4.6.9995 and found a way to make it work correctly ??
Thanks
Old 10-18-2017, 08:29 AM   #732
KJB
KJB began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJB View Post
Just succesfully installed Kobo Nightmode patch (https://github.com/gtalusan/kobo-nightmode) on my Kobo Glo (mark 4) with new firmware 4.6.9960.
The same for firmware 4.6.9995: no problems!
KJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:03 PM   #733
TucknDar
TucknDar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
After som trying and failing on my Glo HD, I found a working solution by hevanaa in the last post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/kobo/commen...hd_night_mode/

Quote:
Originally Posted by hevanaa on reddit
Step by step instruction: Download https://github.com/gtalusan/kobo-nig...de_build13.zip. Connect kobo to your PC. Unzip the file and copy installer/KoboRoot.tgz to to the .kobo folder on your Kobo. Disconnect and let Kobo reboot. Connect to PC again and edit .kobo/nightmode.ini. Comment out everything in the [brightness] section except "1percentPatch = yes", "timeout = 5" (set your preferred timeout here in seconds) and "100 = toggleNightMode" (I set the brightness level to 100 here). Disconnect, power off kobo and power it on again. And Bob's your uncle. Edit. And to invert the screen, adjust the brightness slider to the value you set in the ini file and leave it there for the amount of seconds you set. Then move the slider to another value, otherwise the screen will toggle again.
TucknDar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 05:35 AM   #734
the_Pan
Connoisseur
the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Forma, Pocketbook Era
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucknDar View Post
After som trying and failing on my Glo HD, I found a working solution by hevanaa in the last post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/kobo/commen...hd_night_mode/
just tried, but i can't bring it to life on KA1 with 4.6.9995
the_Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 12:13 PM   #735
stanlefor
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_Pan View Post
just tried, but i can't bring it to life on KA1 with 4.6.9995
This is the way to make it work on KA1 :
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=690

But it make the reader buggy to me.
But maybe it comes from me...
Try it

Tags
glo, hack, mini, night mode, touch