Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-15-2018, 05:23 PM   #1006
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Maybe if you update firmware to latest version, disable auto update, things that use WiFi. But no, it shouldn't drain battery that fast, even if you're reading, you wouldn't use battery that fast. It looks like it tries to do something and uses all resources (processor, WiFi) to the max.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:50 AM   #1007
Lima7
Connoisseur
Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
Maybe if you update firmware to latest version, disable auto update, things that use WiFi. But no, it shouldn't drain battery that fast, even if you're reading, you wouldn't use battery that fast. It looks like it tries to do something and uses all resources (processor, WiFi) to the max.
I did all of this. Kobo figured it was a faulty device. Got a new one. Same thing now. Within 24h : no battery left. I think the problem might be coming from the ePub file I'm currently reading? I see no other option.
Lima7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2018, 11:41 AM   #1008
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima7 View Post
I did all of this. Kobo figured it was a faulty device. Got a new one. Same thing now. Within 24h : no battery left. I think the problem might be coming from the ePub file I'm currently reading? I see no other option.
It would be interesting to see if anyone else gets the same battery drain so if the epub you are currently reading is public domain/not copyrighted, you could post a copy here. Otherwise, checkout the ScrambleEbook plugin for calibre, scramble the book and then post the scrambled book here.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 05:00 PM   #1009
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Firmware: the one I bought it with...
Which is that? You can view version number from Menu -> Settings -> Device Information

Quote:
Hey everyone. My ereader drains battery very quickly on sleeping mode. It went from 82 to 58 in less than 4 hours for no reason. Is it normal for this ereader or is something wrong with it?
That is definitely not normal. Sleep should hardly use up any battery, especially not in only 4 hours.

I recall a few years ago there was a bug that drained the battery down in sleep mode when something was touching the (IR) screen at the time the device went to sleep (on the Glo at least). But I can't remember what firmware version it was or whether the bug was present on other devices.

It might of course be something completely different... faulty book could also be true, as I think you suggested in a different thread.

Edit: Oh, I see I wasn't at the last page of the thread and replied to an older message... oh well
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:17 PM   #1010
Lima7
Connoisseur
Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: Aura
Firmware is 4.9.11311

I did remove all the books that I thought could cause the problem and still woke up to the same problem today. I'm getting very tired of this
Lima7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2018, 05:23 PM   #1011
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
I'm getting very tired of this
The most curios thing is, this is your second device (you wrote that Kobo replaced first one, right?).

It is possible that there something wrong with battery, but that same thing is wrong on two devices with same owner? I guess it is much more probable there's something with your setting (like something with WiFi, or similar) that affects your device(s).

Not sure what, but I'd check settings, including completely disabling WiFi (i.e. not even logging to router after factory reset).
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 03:35 AM   #1012
JeanPierre
Zealot
JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Using firmware 4.10.11591 on a Kobo Aura ONE.
  1. When reading a book, if you touch the footer to bring up the menu, then touch the font settings, then touch the font dropdown, then touch the page you were reading, the header and footer interfaces disappear but the font settings menu is still there, and you have to touch the footer to make it disappear. It should disappear when you touch the page, along with the header and footer interfaces.
  2. The experimental "My Words" feature still does not sort the words correctly in the Activity section. The sorting is completely random, even as you move through the pages, making this feature difficult to make use of.
JeanPierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:36 AM   #1013
Amon_Re
Zealot
Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Poketbook Inkpad 3 & Boyue Likebook Minas
Quote:
Firmware is 4.9.11311

I did remove all the books that I thought could cause the problem and still woke up to the same problem today. I'm getting very tired of this
Just a thought, but do you use a cover with a magnet? If so, ditch the cover & see if it still happens. The Kobo wakes up/goes to sleep when you open/close some covers, maybe something is constantly waking up your device
Amon_Re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 12:57 PM   #1014
Dirk-71
Zealot
Dirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolate

Device: Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One, Glo HD, Clara 2E
Bookmark-bug: Book title overlay with body text

This bug appears only when using the kepub-format and disabled reading header and footer.

It has been detected on a Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (V1) and firmware 4.10.11655 (patched or unpatched, doesn't matter).

I have attached a bug description.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bug-report-book-title-overlay.pdf (665.3 KB, 161 views)

Last edited by Dirk-71; 09-06-2018 at 01:01 PM.
Dirk-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 01:58 PM   #1015
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk-71 View Post
This bug appears only when using the kepub-format and disabled reading header and footer.

It has been detected on a Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (V1) and firmware 4.10.11655 (patched or unpatched, doesn't matter).

Also on KA1, a workaround is to open again reading settings, do nothing and return to the book.

Last edited by ps67; 09-06-2018 at 02:05 PM.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 11:21 PM   #1016
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:

I can reproduce that on my Glo HD running an earlier firmware. I suspect its been around for a while, just not noticed. Unfortunately, the full screen mode is not officially supported, so reporting this to be fixed is going to be hard. If you want it fixed you will need to do that, but, it's probably going to be a frustrating experience.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 11:46 AM   #1017
PenguinCEO
Member Retired
PenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipediaPenguinCEO knows more than wikipedia

Device: a lot
故事主要描述當伐木

故事主要描述當伐木

Last edited by PenguinCEO; 05-06-2020 at 05:35 AM.
PenguinCEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 04:35 AM   #1018
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinCEO View Post
Product: Kobo Aura One
Firmware: 4.9.11311 (11257890c, 28/06/18)
File types: kepub
Sideloaded or from Kobobooks: sideloaded
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Read the attached file "utf-8 Tables - PenguinCEO.epub" into the calibre viewer: quite every glyph is correctly rendered, both at page 1 (system fonts) and at page 2 (Garamond embedded font);
  2. Read the attached file "utf-8 Tables - PenguinCEO.epub" into KA1: quite none of the glyphs is rendered, both at page 1 (system fonts) and at page 2 (Garamond embedded font);
  3. Tried setting the KA1 to render with system fonts (for example: "Georgia") and with the editor's font. It doesn't work in any case.

Asked about in this forum, but with no fortune.

Reported at help@kobobooks.com.
As mentioned in the thread you reference, your EB Garmond font supports 9 of the glyphs you are wanting to display. When I tested with code2000, most of the glyphs rendered correctly. Those that didn't have had their definitions changed or added since code2000 was created 20 years ago.

IMHO, it isn't a Kobo bug that the font you used does not support the needed glyphs and the RMSDK renderer does not look for missing glyphs in other fonts.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:55 AM   #1019
Dirk-71
Zealot
Dirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolate

Device: Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One, Glo HD, Clara 2E
When tapping in the center of a book, the clock appears in the top left corner and should change to reading progress after 3 seconds. Sometimes the clock remains and doesn't change to reading progress.

Using Aura H2O Edition 2 (V1), Firmware 4.10.1655

Last edited by Dirk-71; 10-01-2018 at 08:59 AM.
Dirk-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:15 AM   #1020
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
When tapping in the center of a book, the clock appears in the top left corner and should change to reading progress after 3 seconds. Sometimes the clock remains and doesn't change to reading progress.
Is that a bug or a feature? How do I trigger it so I can keep my clock?
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocket app