Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #16
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Yes .
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #17
drati71
drati71 began at the beginning.

Device: KT5 - 5.1.2
KT5

Thank you.
Now i have all my fav extension.
drati71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2012, 06:57 AM   #18
Selrond
Selrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Kindle Touch
Hey guys!
I`ve already jailbroken my Kindle touch with FW 5.1.2 and I`ve tried to toogle ads with http://ebookjuggler.com/kindle/remov...-kindle-touch/
and it doesn`t work... Maybe it`s for previous FW..
My question: is it possible to add some extensions to Launcher (which I also installed) in 5.1.2 ???
If yes, where to download them (toogle ads, own screensaver)
Thanks
Selrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:04 AM   #19
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selrond View Post
Hey guys!
I`ve already jailbroken my Kindle touch with FW 5.1.2 and I`ve tried to toogle ads with http://ebookjuggler.com/kindle/remov...-kindle-touch/
and it doesn`t work... Maybe it`s for previous FW..
Use JBPatch - works for me with 5.1.2.

Quote:
My question: is it possible to add some extensions to Launcher (which I also installed) in 5.1.2 ???
If yes, where to download them (toogle ads, own screensaver)
Thanks
There is a thread called "Gui Launcher collection" right on the first page of this forum...
For the screensaver, check out the Wiki: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...#Screen_Savers
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:07 AM   #20
Selrond
Selrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

THX!
Could you also post me a link to download JBPatch?
Advert
Old 08-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #21
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
THX!
Could you also post me a link to download JBPatch?
I could just give you that link here, but you need to practice how to find simple stuff like that yourself, so here are some methods of finding it yourself:

The JBPatch download link was posted to the first post of the JBPatch thread. Look in the Master Index sticky thread, then the Tools index wiki. Or use the MobileRead search functions. Or just look on the first page of recent topics (JBPatch has a lot of recent activity).

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-08-2012 at 09:12 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #22
Selrond

alright I have it! and now: is it possible to change default scrwensavers? yifan's hack dosent work with 5.1.2 fw
Old 08-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #23
BillyBigStuff
Enthusiast
BillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2
You really could do with searching... You have to use the simple screensavers hack as the more advanced one was killed with 5.1 I believe. The simple one works fine for me, I'm using it at the moment.
Bill

All of the things mentioned (or at least most) can be found on the hacking wiki page here.
BillyBigStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:48 PM   #24
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Updated to v1.3.N with a few tweaks to make it more robust (especially if someone were to get their wires crossed and tried to install this through diags). If it happened to break everything, please do shout at me .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:31 AM   #25
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
previous version of everything worked perfectly on 5.1.2 for me (success report and all that)
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #26
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@twobob: Yeah, it's the update I'm worried about ;D. Although it shouldn't change a thing if one follows the 'usual' instructions, that was more to make it more robust in case someone were to mix the K4/K5 instructions together .
Old 09-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #27
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

drop one file on drive.
updatey thing

OR

Use the data.tar.gz payload got it.

Last edited by twobob; 09-27-2012 at 06:07 PM. Reason: added other thingy
Old 09-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #28
twobob

Okay so I mangled the jailbreaks together.

Now I can't run the uninstaller

any ideas : D
Old 09-27-2012, 10:43 PM   #29
twobob

Update: If in doubt run it 3 times. Worked fine. I also disabled all my JBPatch patches. Probably voodoo but that's what I did.

cheers.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:33 PM   #30
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Well, apparently this works on FW 5.2.0, too (meaning the PaperWhite).

So, err, thanks, Amazon! .

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch